DCA Finals Attendance?

because you, and others have noted the closely held info on the DCI side of things, and you expect DCA to post the info on DCP?,..............that's why,............ :thumbup:

However, I asked first...from people who were there...how many people were there. I now know it was somewhere between 2700 and 14000.

Then I asked whether DCA accounts for paid attendance. I have this answer as well. The answer is DCA counts paid tickets and not everyone through the gates.

Now I thank those who provided answers and continue to wonder why some are so defensive on the topic of attendance at DCA Finals. I would see no reason, offhand why anyone to be defensive.

And for the record...someone posted an attendance figure of "about 15,000" for DCI finals night. I believe I have information that the attendance was a bit higher than that and the information I was given is not going to be made public by me. And again, for people who can't seem to get the gist of this. I am not a spokesperson for DCI. Those with a position to give the EXACT attendance figure will publish the attendance figures when they determine the time appropriate.

I would assume the DCA adminstration would do the same.

I was not asking for the DCA official numbers at this time. I wanted number estimates from people who were in attendance.

But, thank you for being so civil and not defensive at all. No...not defensive at all. For no apparent reason. None. Again, thank you. [/sarcasm]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Jeff. Did you go?

yes I was....prelims finals and alumni show. however in the lower deack where i was, it's tough to see the upper deck.

as for DCI releasing....they usually do, tho we haven't seen 2008 yet. My sources tell me around 17k paid. dunno if true. i'll say that stats can be skewed to show whatever you want, but...DCA fills more of the available seats...thats why no rush to go into 60,000 seat stadiums

yes I was....prelims finals and alumni show. however in the lower deack where i was, it's tough to see the upper deck.

as for DCI releasing....they usually do, tho we haven't seen 2008 yet. My sources tell me around 17k paid. dunno if true. i'll say that stats can be skewed to show whatever you want, but...DCA fills more of the available seats...thats why no rush to go into 60,000 seat stadiums

What you all do on Labor Day weekend is something special for your fans and members.

it is....it has a warmness i've yet to experience in the many times i've gone to DCI Finals.

it;s as much about the social aspects as it is about what is on the field

That's why Friday night is so special to us... it really is about the performers - not the arrangers...

it is....it has a warmness i've yet to experience in the many times i've gone to DCI Finals.

it;s as much about the social aspects as it is about what is on the field

DCA's best ever was Rochester '96.

Not quite the best-ever attendance that year, from what I know. I believe Allentown had better attendance at least one of the years that Fred Windish and his crew were the local committee running the show. Hopefully Fred can come on here and confirm or deny my hunch!

Fran

What you all do on Labor Day weekend is something special for your fans and members.

Thanks, Tom.

There's no question that DCI outdraws DCA at its championship each year. That's just a fact of life. I'm OK with that, as long as we can continue growing the DCA audience nationwide, as all-age corps begin to pop up in regions of the country outside the "traditional" Northeast.

Jeff Ream makes a good point.... at this point in DCA's history, a packed smaller stadium looks a lot better than a three-quarters empty big stadium.

DCA Championship weekend is indeed something special. Tom, it would be great if you could come out some year and see it for yourself!

Fran

there were some early shows in our history that had more people than Rochester in 96 - but the 9600 paid there was the highest in "modern" times...

some of those early shows with higher attandance were in Rochester at Aquinas (Holleder) stadium and a couple were in Allentown early on, but once into the 80's... and 90's Rochester 96 was tops...

We all can remember that Aquinas was in the era when you could actually sell a cheap backfield seat... we would turn and go backfield there an be surprised at the number of people were there... of course the show design was far more friendly to the back side...

*delorted*

Edited by Baeritone