CT Hurricanes and DCA

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone from the corps has come onto dcp saying we got screwed, or did I miss something?

I do find it funny however that people are saying trust the judges, yet many people have been saying we got a gift from the judges. doesn't make much sense does it?

I will personally go with the judges and say that three corps beat us/were better than us on Sunday. And as for Cabs, well, we had some much needed bonding time with them before retreat. Never did I think I would see Cabs and Hurcs getting along as they did on Sunday.

And as for Cabs, well, we had some much needed bonding time with them before retreat. Never did I think I would see Cabs and Hurcs getting along as they did on Sunday.

i agree, i was pleasantly surprised with how both corps interacted with each other. it just goes to show the respect that is a part of both organizations.

I think some of the other folks here got it right--content is key; the demand on the Hurcs hornline was not as great as the corps that beat them. My general impression, and I was at prelims and finals, was that Hurcs this year was a splendid colorguard accompanied by horns and drums.

Bill

Wherever the Hurricanes placed in 2009, I think it's safe to say that in the past few years they have firmly re-established themselves as a major player on the DCA scene, after many years of working hard but seeing few results on the scoresheets.

So congratulations to the Hurricanes (who, along with the Buccaneers, are a charter member of DCA), who are once again knocking on the championship door, perhaps getting ready to kick that door down!

Fran

I hope you take a moment to read this,

IMHO*

DCA prelims and championships was my only show this year.

My observation of the scores,,,,

1. Buccaneers 99.025;----------------- Phenomenal!!!!

2. Minnesota Brass 97.588;----------- WOW! Great Show!!!!!

3. Empire Statesmen 96.200;--------- Same regurgitated stuff from the past.

4. Hurricanes 95.838: ------------------Very nice show! ***

5. Caballeros 94.238 -------------------Very nice show! ***

6. Renegades 90.463;-------------------Fun Show, Liked it!

7. Brigadiers 89.225; -------------------Nice show,

8. Alliance 89.138;-----------------------Great Show!!!!!!!!!

9. Bushwackers 88.963;-----------------B+ for the effort.

10. CorpsVets 83.750;-------------------10th place.

*** Note. Having been on the winning AND losing side of both the Cabs and Hurcs in the past,,, it’s a difficult thing for me to say that I really enjoyed both!

The only parallel that I can draw is 1981 DCA prelims and finals, Hurcs got the gold ring that year.

This year,,, well they got the brown end of the stick!

*IMHO

*This disclaimer has been added to my statement by my legal staff. Any statement made by me

or anyone resembling me cannot be misconstrued as a direct or indirect comment that could be

considered a personal attack on the first or second part of the third parts is parts.(I heard that this

disclaimer protects all of the moderators posts too,,,,)

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Drum Corps. For the past few years I have attended a few shows. This was my very first time attending a DCA Championship. I'm a very big Hurcs fan. I am also fair to the other corps as well. We all know the hard work and dedication that goes along with marching in a drum corps. I watched the Hurcs win show after show only losing to the Bucs. The Bucs are very good and march a very clean show. I guess that is what all corps strive for. I was ready to watch the Buccs, so I could watch a top notch performance.I do understand forms and the difficulty of marching with a horn. I thought the Bucs had great horns and drums, BUT...... Their color guard did not intertwine with brass and drums. Same for MB..... You could see how rarely the horns and drums intertwined with the guard . The Hurcs, marched, played and intertwined with the guard time and time again. I was, impressed. I was impressed with the music of the Bucs and the MB. BUT the whole program for the Hurcs, was clearly far more difficult then any other corps. Empire didn't move as much. They hired some dancer to dance around the field. I felt, the Hurcs took risk. I know the Hurcs are a very good drum corp. I congratulate the top 3 and other corps in the finals. and I'm sorry the men in blue didn't see the risk and pasion the Hurcs took with them onto the field. Now I say, the fire is in their eyes and the sky is the limit.The THUNDER IS HERE for 2010.

LOL funny stuff... no really... funny stuff

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Drum Corps. For the past few years I have attended a few shows. This was my very first time attending a DCA Championship. I'm a very big Hurcs fan. I am also fair to the other corps as well. We all know the hard work and dedication that goes along with marching in a drum corps. I watched the Hurcs win show after show only losing to the Bucs. The Bucs are very good and march a very clean show. I guess that is what all corps strive for. I was ready to watch the Buccs, so I could watch a top notch performance.I do understand forms and the difficulty of marching with a horn. I thought the Bucs had great horns and drums, BUT...... Their color guard did not intertwine with brass and drums. Same for MB..... You could see how rarely the horns and drums intertwined with the guard . The Hurcs, marched, played and intertwined with the guard time and time again. I was, impressed. I was impressed with the music of the Bucs and the MB. BUT the whole program for the Hurcs, was clearly far more difficult then any other corps. Empire didn't move as much. They hired some dancer to dance around the field. I felt, the Hurcs took risk. I know the Hurcs are a very good drum corp. I congratulate the top 3 and other corps in the finals. and I'm sorry the men in blue didn't see the risk and pasion the Hurcs took with them onto the field. Now I say, the fire is in their eyes and the sky is the limit.The THUNDER IS HERE for 2010.

to quote Jeff Ream... "I love the week after finals"

the dancers for Empire were not PAID to perform. The were two former Patriot guard people from the great years who happen to be two of their guard instructors - two of the finest in the land by the way... Matt Winans and Sarah Cole... and what an amazing performance they put on... I find your comment offensive and an insult to the wonderful corps you seem to support. The same corps that had the best guard I've ever seen in DCA.