CT Hurricanes and DCA

I think I would tend to agree with you. I thought from Kingston on Empire should have been beating Hurcs. The only thing I disagree with is that I also thing Hurcs guard ( Although good ) should have been a close 2nd or maybe even 3rd..Especially in comp...that was a crazy score with that book.

I'm just shocked the Buffalo Bills fired their Offensive Coordinator during the preseason. I'm mean, what's the guy supposed to do? It's preseason for cryin' out loud. If he would have known his job was on the line he could run some trick plays, or break out his gameplan for the Patriots.

Plus, they're starting three rookies on the O-line ; pudgy rookies at that. The QB's gonna get killed, and he won't be able to throw deep balls to T.O. This could get ugly early.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Drum Corps. For the past few years I have attended a few shows. This was my very first time attending a DCA Championship. I'm a very big Hurcs fan. I am also fair to the other corps as well. We all know the hard work and dedication that goes along with marching in a drum corps. I watched the Hurcs win show after show only losing to the Bucs. The Bucs are very good and march a very clean show. I guess that is what all corps strive for. I was ready to watch the Buccs, so I could watch a top notch performance.I do understand forms and the difficulty of marching with a horn. I thought the Bucs had great horns and drums, BUT...... Their color guard did not intertwine with brass and drums. Same for MB..... You could see how rarely the horns and drums intertwined with the guard . The Hurcs, marched, played and intertwined with the guard time and time again. I was, impressed. I was impressed with the music of the Bucs and the MB. BUT the whole program for the Hurcs, was clearly far more difficult then any other corps. Empire didn't move as much. They hired some dancer to dance around the field. I felt, the Hurcs took risk. I know the Hurcs are a very good drum corp. I congratulate the top 3 and other corps in the finals. and I'm sorry the men in blue didn't see the risk and pasion the Hurcs took with them onto the field. Now I say, the fire is in their eyes and the sky is the limit.The THUNDER IS HERE for 2010.

i'm just going on the "intertwined" comment.... hurcs show was a a guard show w/ a horns and drums.... bucs was a drum corps show highlighting all sections of the corps.

So corps shouldn't make changes or additions on finals weekend?

exactly. every corps has little tweaks they plan out for the last weekend. and they have been doing it for forever

I'm just shocked the Buffalo Bills fired their Offensive Coordinator during the preseason. I'm mean, what's the guy supposed to do? It's preseason for cryin' out loud. If he would have known his job was on the line he could run some trick plays, or break out his gameplan for the Patriots.

Plus, they're starting three rookies on the O-line ; pudgy rookies at that. The QB's gonna get killed, and he won't be able to throw deep balls to T.O. This could get ugly early.

TO'd drop half of em anyways.

Buffalo can have him,

signed

Dallas

TO'd drop half of em anyways.

Buffalo can have him,

signed

Dallas

Agreed. I don't know if we're necessarily going to win more or less games this year, but we definitely won't have as much drama with the 'boys.

think of Cru, they worked their butts off and yet no one has mentioned them??? prelims for them was a great show and they deserved a finals spot in my imho. looked to me that they made great strides from St john fisher show. they totally were enjoyable. hope this does not keep them from coming out strong next year. they work hard and always have. just because u r small does not mean you are not a force to be reckoned with. GO CRU!!!!

Its amazing How people can read this forum, and still continue to Say this or that about Hurcs. They DO NOT feel shafted. Disappointed in the placement, but not shafted. So, since they dont feel shafted, everyone else GET OVER IT. Also, no offense, I am sure Cru did a great job, but this is not a CRU topic.

Its about time football season is back. I love baseball season, but its now time for Football. Im sorry for all of you Giants fans. That was luck last year. Yeah, they made some good plays. As much as I hate to say it, Look out for the Eagles. YEAH FOOTBALL.

Scores...shmores...lets talk football!

Empire blew the house down on Sunday night. On Saturday night I have to admit that I was really upset that Empire tried too many gadget plays, and it bit them in the butt. On Sunday they corrected the playbook and removed a couple of plays.

They came out offensively and maybe the hurcs played defense?

DA

Agreed. I don't know if we're necessarily going to win more or less games this year, but we definitely won't have as much drama with the 'boys.

distractions the Cowboys no longer have:

TO

Pacman

jessica Simpson

now we just need to lose Jerry Jones and hope the stadium doesnt fall apart