Oktoberfest, September 25, La Crosse, WI

BigSev

It's only 10 days until the BSA begins the Oktoberfest weekend.

The Drumline looks to be almost full with 9 snares, 4 tenors, and 6 basses. We can handle a few more cymbal players if anyone is interested.

The hornline is filling out nicely with 13 sops, 9 baris, 8 contras. We currently have 3 mellos and would like another 3 or more. So if you want to play mellophone (or any of the other brass) please take a moment and visit www.bluestars.org/ofest and register as a marching member.

The guard is also filling out nicely with 21 currently registered.

Shirts are being ordered in the next day or two so it is important to get your registration in ASAP.

We are looking forward to another wonderful OFest experience in La Crosse! :lle:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge fan of German beer, food and music ... this sounds like a good time. Too bad I am a few thousand miles away.

Same here...different coast. LOL

Barbara and I soooooo want to go back and visit Bavaria again in the near future.

Fran

I am a huge fan of German beer, food and music ... this sounds like a good time. Too bad I am a few thousand miles away.
Same here...different coast. LOL

Barbara and I soooooo want to go back and visit Bavaria again in the near future.

Fran

One of these years you will have to make the trip! It's Tremendous!

ME TOO!!! :rolleyes:

As a founding member of that first Oktoberfest corps, I must add in that your host, the Blue Stars are some of the best and friendliest corps people that I know. If I did not have a paying gig in Milwaukee that Saturday, I would be there in a heartbeat! Have fun Steve et al and see you very soon!

I am not sure who that "other" group is, but I heard they use band instruments and stuff like that. :ph34r:

Bb percussion too! :sleeping:

Arnold would be proud of you!!

Please confirm you are NOT wearing lederhosen! LOL! :sleeping:

Alas, I cannot. The tuba throne is hiding my lederhosen. :ph34r:

Alas, I cannot. The tuba throne is hiding my lederhosen. :ph34r:

I heard a group here in cinti (actually northern Kentucky) playing at the "Hofbrauhaus", a popular college student destination... with the standard Accordion, tuba and other appropriate instrumentation

playing the usual German styled music..... Then they launched into "Mustang Sally"! :ph34r:

Well... THAT'S a version I have never heard before!! And yes... ALL were attired in Lederhosen!!

Screwiest thing I ever saw and heard!! Good, but screwy! :sleeping: