When your son plays tuba, nobody wins.

liebot

I pretty much agree with the ad.

I wouldn't want my hypothetical son to be a tuba player.

He's going to play God's Instrument* and he's going to like it.

*Trumpet Oboe

Fixed

Edited by knightsbari

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if your daughter plays the tuba?

then everyone wins

Saucony FTW

I'd like to know where you are getting your numbers on professional tuba players. 9 musicians in the nation who make their full time living playing the tuba? What about people who play in the various service bands and professional wind symphonies? What about the countless musicians who are in the other orchestras that are also full time...there are DEFINITELY more than 9 full time US orchestras. Please don't spout out random numbers and false "facts".

Chicago, NY Phil, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Boston, LA Phil, St. Louis, Atlanta, Charlotte Sym, NC Symphony, Greensboro, Met Opera Orchestra, Detroit, Columbus, Indianapolis, Dallas, Nashville, Charleston, National Symphony Orchestra (DC)....and I'm tired of naming them but could continue on and on.

What about the Marine Band? Coast Guard? Air Force? Army? Each one of those armed forces has at least 8-9 full time paying bands stationed around the country. In case you can't count, thats 32-36 bands, each with around 4 tuba jobs. You do the math.

Notice I said symphony orchestras, pal! And the information came from the educational director of the Indianapolis Symphony (albeit 4 or 5 years ago) when she was talking to band kids on a field trip to a concert. And besides...why get so snippy! The whole thing is a fake anyway certainly not a life changing post... I was just adding to the humor of the whole thing. Breath...breath!

My Nikes fell apart in the middle of a rep of malaguena in 2003. The bottom part of the sole was literally flapping around, only being held on at the very back. Luckily, it happened right before the parked swing section, so i ripped it off, ran to the sideline and back to my spot before the next stepoff. The entire thing was captured on a ticktape for my later amusement. :laughing:

New Balance and Asics are the Best!! :tongue::tongue:

I pretty much agree with the ad.

I wouldn't want my hypothetical son to be a tuba player.

He's going to play God's Instrument* and he's going to like it.

*Trumpet EUPH

Obnoxiously fix'd