Govies and Black Eyed Peas

Many of you may recall the Govies chorus at I&E a few years back that performed a crowd pleasing version of "My Humps" and "Spider Pig."

This story is kind of amusing:

Andy was a member that marched with us (Vigilantes) this year up until about a month before the end of the season. He had a job opportunity that he could not pass up. As a result, he was working in Orlando during DCA Championship week. I sent him the link to the Govies chorus singing “My Humps” because Andy is a choral guy as well and I had mentioned in passing what sort of choral things went on at DCA I&E.

So, while in Orlando, he ran into a guy that apparently was on tour with the Black Eyed Peas for two years as a stage manager of some sort. Andy shared the video with the guy who enjoyed it and sent it on to Fergie and the gang. They got a kick out of it and gave their stamp of approval. Apparently they abhor the song, but it made them rich, so they have to perform the thing. So, the Govies twisting it around and poking fun at the song was right up their alley.

So, the Govies have the seal of approval from Fergie and company!

Edited by Euphscott

:tongue:

Next thing you know, they'll be having an impromptu concert at Patrick's ! :laughing:

Now THAT would be cool!

But they better wait until the road construction gets finished..it's kinda ugly getting around Petertown of late..

Running and hiding from the Govies :tongue:

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

Many of you may recall the Givies chorus at I&E a few years back that performed a crowd pleasing version of "My Humps" and "Spider Pig."

This story is kind of amusing:

Andy was a member that marched with us (Vigilantes) this year up until about a month before the end of the season. He had a job opportunity that he could not pass up. As a result, he was working in Orlando during DCA Championship week. I sent him the link to the Govies chorus singing “My Humps” because Andy is a choral guy as well and I had mentioned in passing what sort of choral things went on at DCA I&E.

So, while in Orlando, he ran into a guy that apparently was on tour with the Black Eyed Peas for two years as a stage manager of some sort. Andy shared the video with the guy who enjoyed it and sent it on to Fergie and the gang. They got a kick out of it and gave their stamp of approval. Apparently they abhor the song, but it made them rich, so they have to perform the thing. So, the Govies twisting it around and poking fun at the song was right up their alley.

So, the Govies have the seal of approval from Fergie and company!

Class A world champions AND a brush with fame AND a stamp pf approval from a National recording act..... All in the same year!! It don't get any better than that!! Oh wait!...... And TREMENDOUS too!!!

Now THAT is cool!

Thank you for sharing that with us!

Edited by Roark1

Hairbear, you need to be tremendous! LaCrosse, two weekends in the future. Be there!

It is cool - and I feel a little humbled that a simple conversation in the middle of a dusty field could set wheels in motion. It's pretty cool to get an online video to a recording artist and connect them with this activity we love.

BEP at Patrick's would indeed be fun. Would St Peter know how to handle it?! :)

Hairbear, you need to be tremendous! LaCrosse, two weekends in the future. Be there!

Two weekends in the future, I will be booked at "cheeseburger in Paradise" covering Buffet tunes and calypso standards. I won't be "tremendous", but I will be PAID! LOL!

Now NEXT year......... :laughing:

It is cool - and I feel a little humbled that a simple conversation in the middle of a dusty field could set wheels in motion. It's pretty cool to get an online video to a recording artist and connect them with this activity we love.

BEP at Patrick's would indeed be fun. Would St Peter know how to handle it?! :)

yes, lets try it :laughing:

yes, lets try it :laughing:

I see an opportunity for a fundraiser! Ask Black Eyed Peas to donate part of the gate to the Govies, would Blakeslee field be huge enough for this once in a lifetime event ?

:tongue:

Next thing you know, they'll be having an impromptu concert at Patrick's ! :laughing:

Now THAT would be cool!

But they better wait until the road construction gets finished..it's kinda ugly getting around Petertown of late..

Running and hiding from the Govies :tongue:

Pat

Petertown,Pat? Good choice of words.