Who was the loudest in 2009?

Cadets were loudest throughout....not sure about loudest moment. The only time I saw half the corps was allentown, which is not a good stadium to judge volume, since everyone sounds soft there

One of my favorite parts from this summer was when the Cadets horns were holding out a loud note and the drums were Ritarding a rhythm and it just got slower and slower and slloowwer and sloooowwwweeeerrrr. and i was like WILL THIS NOTE EVER END!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite parts from this summer was when the Cadets horns were holding out a loud note and the drums were Ritarding a rhythm and it just got slower and slower and slloowwer and sloooowwwweeeerrrr. and i was like WILL THIS NOTE EVER END!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

no...it wont

NO, in fact the note is still going today.

I still hear it in the echos

CAT BOOM BOOM

CAT BOOM BOOM

CAT BOOM BOOM

CAT BOOM BOOM

CAT BOOM BOOM

CAT BOOM BOOM

:worthy::worthy::rolleyes::worthy:

Crown,BC,Cadets,Academy

Academy was definatly one of the louder corps but it was hard for to feel it because of the drill... If you go back and watch it youll notice they dont have one compact set during an impact point. They are always spread out. I guess it fit the show but I hope that Rich helps them out next year with more compact sets during impact points.

EDIT: Double Post

Edited by rdtrmpt

If everything is working physiologically then you must be just dumb. I don't believe anyone that says the amps overpowered the hornlines, because I've been watching corps since '04 and I have never seen a hornline overpowered by amplification. Maybe you'll act immune to the line because you want to the think they're not putting out sound, but everyone that legitimately listens to corps hears the hornlines.

Honestly, if you didn't hear Crown's hornline this year you were just not paying attention. That's all there is. Post all the bulls*** you want to about amplification. You were just conveniently ignoring a freaking ridiculous hornline to further your agenda. I don't believe you, and I never will.

Whoa, fellers. You're responding to somethng that wasn't said. I heard "the amps add sound and when mixed badly it sounds horrible and should be discounted." It's just physics - how many horns did Crown field this year? You bet your patootie they were loud. Now, if they could just learn dynamics.

Best transition from piano to forte and everything in between: Phantom.

Puppet

Whoa, fellers. You're responding to somethng that wasn't said. I heard "the amps add sound and when mixed badly it sounds horrible and should be discounted." It's just physics - how many horns did Crown field this year? You bet your patootie they were loud. Now, if they could just learn dynamics.

Best transition from piano to forte and everything in between: Phantom.

Puppet

For real? Crown needs to learn dynamics? LOL.

There is a reason they won brass : they were the most musical, precise line on the field this year, bar none.

Oh, forgot to add that Crown fielded 80 brass...the same as the Cavaliers, Cadets, Bluecoats, and a few other lines.

Edited by jamesjones0611

Just as a side note: Cadets fielded 72

I thought they had 80 too... before the season they were looking for more horns to fill out to 80.