Madison's Entire Staff Now In Place

It does look great. And thanks for the considerate and informative responses. But I have to ask. Has the revenue picture improved also? Because if the steps taken so far address only excess spending, it begs the question whether adding these staff increases spending at a rate faster than revenue growth.

And before some of you denounce me to the authorities as a subversive and a hooligan, this IS my business as someone who cares about the health and well-being of all corps, including the Madison Scouts.

HH

Since you're on a need-to-know quest regarding how the staff will get paid, I'd suggest you contact the ED, Chris Komnick directly. Furthermore, the minuets are available after every Board meeting. The budget is covered in every meeting. Madison has come back from the dead financially, but, there's always more work to be done. If, as you say, "care" about Madison's financial well being, there are certainly ways to alleviate your burden by contributing to Madison's financial health in more ways then one. I'm sure Chris would love to hear from you!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what either?

Exactly! :lookaround:

So...anyone able to give a (dis)confirmation on Madison's cymbal line? I would be a sad panda if they gained this phenomenal staff but their cymbals fell by the wayside again...

You don't know either?

HH

When and how the Scouts release financial information related to the corps is a function of corps management, and nobody else. Even if any of the DCP posters wanted to disclose this info on DCP, it's really not something they should do unless it was Komnick or similar who posted it.

This is the same as if you were to email McD's and ask to review their full financial records, even if you were a stockholder. Corporations release their edited and sanitized financial info to the public as required, and the rest can be reviewed at their offices if you beg and plead enough.

I'm not understanding why the Scouts in particular should be forced to divulge their financial details on DCP anyways. What's the point?

Wes Bullock is an outstanding pick up for them. You won't find a more quality individual anywhere. He's been with Blast since day one and is (was?) a part of the day to day leadership. As far as I know, he's still on the cast, but I could be wrong. Anyway, there's nobody out there that can move better than this guy and he's outstanding at communicating so I look forward to seeing what he can do as a DCI caption head. Congrats Wes and best of luck!!!

Wes Bullock has also contributed visually to the Yokohama Inspires shows for the past two years.

To those concerned about people getting their heads "blown off":

Those of us who closely the Scouts and frequent Madison threads get to see veiled hostility, sarcasm and insincere "concern" on a regular basis. It doesn't take long to identify the "repeat offenders" who, out of a sense of apparent self-imposed duty, feel the need to be buzz-kills. Perhaps some response is over-reaction and perhaps our tolerance has just gotten a little low. Case in point, it was not that long ago that this same Glory pitched a hissy over 2005's "Carmen" receiving a corps jacket of a different color than the rest of the male membership. So before anyone gets too concerned, understand that once opinions are formed about an individual's agenda, it's hard to undo...right or wrong.

Also, we become reasonably adept at discerning an honest question from a post that appears to be "stirring the pot", so to speak. I was not the only one to suggest that Glory could find an answer to his question (from the E.D. himself, no less) in another thread should he chose to look. Yet he continues to ask the same question and, in the process, manages to derail the entire thread. Unfortunately, that automatically lumps him into the "agenda" posters group. Once again, right or wrong, that's just how it works.

Serial sniper out themselves pretty quickly.

It does look great. And thanks for the considerate and informative responses. But I have to ask. Has the revenue picture improved also? Because if the steps taken so far address only excess spending, it begs the question whether adding these staff increases spending at a rate faster than revenue growth.

HH

I beleive the revenue picture has improved. Jeff Spanos took over as developement Director

last year and that includes fund raising. I've heard that he has been doing a fantastic

job. Revenue streams have increased. Not only that, but a large chunk of the previous debt

has been retired from increased alumni contributions and other donations.

That is what I have heard. Chris Komnick is obviously the guy to talk to about

specifics, but overall, it sounds like good things are happening.

To those concerned about people getting their heads "blown off":

Those of us who closely the Scouts and frequent Madison threads get to see veiled hostility, sarcasm and insincere "concern" on a regular basis. It doesn't take long to identify the "repeat offenders" who, out of a sense of apparent self-imposed duty, feel the need to be buzz-kills. Perhaps some response is over-reaction and perhaps our tolerance has just gotten a little low. Case in point, it was not that long ago that this same Glory pitched a hissy over 2005's "Carmen" receiving a corps jacket of a different color than the rest of the male membership. So before anyone gets too concerned, understand that once opinions are formed about an individual's agenda, it's hard to undo...right or wrong.

Also, we become reasonably adept at discerning an honest question from a post that appears to be "stirring the pot", so to speak. I was not the only one to suggest that Glory could find an answer to his question (from the E.D. himself, no less) in another thread should he chose to look. Yet he continues to ask the same question and, in the process, manages to derail the entire thread. Unfortunately, that automatically lumps him into the "agenda" posters group. Once again, right or wrong, that's just how it works.

Serial sniper out themselves pretty quickly.

Of course there are others of us that feel the same way, that have absolutely no history of caring one way for the other for madison, and are just trying to express an opinion that may be contrary to the hype. As far as Madison's finances, I dont think anyone was expecting the books to be laid bare before the dcp collective, but there are occasionally people that have some inside knowledge that is not classified as 'most secret', and it is nice if those people share. For every snippy post over the past 2 pages, there has been an honest one trying to answer the question. I dont understand why it couldnt just be left at that...