The history of the Westshoremen

I'll tell you how awesome Rush was (and how short my drive home was) when I see you at Serenade the next day! :tongue:

Short in distance mebbe... looooooong in getting the #### out of the parking lot. :blink: Sister used to work at the Northwest Bank at the square. She'd park there and walk to the Stadium. Then "back road" around the cluster#### of people trying to get out......

Man we went to Springsteen and parked in the Handicapped area where the corps buses used to park. Five minutes to the car and 55 minutes to get to the road. :satisfied:

I'll tell you how awesome Rush was (and how short my drive home was) when I see you at Serenade the next day! :thumbup:

hell i probably cant afford it anyways right now. ####### mortgage business

Short in distance mebbe... looooooong in getting the #### out of the parking lot. :thumbup: Sister used to work at the Northwest Bank at the square. She'd park there and walk to the Stadium. Then "back road" around the cluster#### of people trying to get out......

Man we went to Springsteen and parked in the Handicapped area where the corps buses used to park. Five minutes to the car and 55 minutes to get to the road. :thumbup:

Nah....I have secrets! Friends that come to shows with me MARVEL at how easy it is to get in and out of that place when they've been stuck in traffic for hours on end! It's even easier if the Mrs. picked me up and drops me off at predetermined places! :thumbup: (which since she isn't even CLOSE to being a Rush fan...THIS will be one of those cases!)

Nah....I have secrets! Friends that come to shows with me MARVEL at how easy it is to get in and out of that place when they've been stuck in traffic for hours on end! It's even easier if the Mrs. picked me up and drops me off at predetermined places! :thumbup: (which since she isn't even CLOSE to being a Rush fan...THIS will be one of those cases!)

Once I get out of the parking lot I'm home free, but it's getting OUT of the parking lot. :thumbup: All those years of dealing with the cluster nutz traffic of the Old Car show in October. Sand Beach Road is my favorite roller coaster, especially in the dark.

Man. Sunday had to drive to sis' behind Penn National and hit the crap on I-81. Took 25 minutes to get from Cameron Street exit to Paxtonia exit. Whole crapload of CT and NY plates headng north. Right hand is steering to get the Paxtonia ramp and left hand is dialing sis cuz I can't remember where the Hell to turn off on 22 to get to Grantville. Man, 22 even had backlogs going west bound and east bound had a bunch o' NJ plates heading for th eparking lot on I-78. Drove over I-81 at Grantville and think they were going 15-20MPH. Took 443 to Fort Hunter to get home (after dark and pre-Bambi season yet). At least I didn't go the other way and end up at Indiantown Gap. :thumbup:

Once I get out of the parking lot I'm home free, but it's getting OUT of the parking lot. :thumbup: All those years of dealing with the cluster nutz traffic of the Old Car show in October. Sand Beach Road is my favorite roller coaster, especially in the dark.

Man. Sunday had to drive to sis' behind Penn National and hit the crap on I-81. Took 25 minutes to get from Cameron Street exit to Paxtonia exit. Whole crapload of CT and NY plates headng north. Right hand is steering to get the Paxtonia ramp and left hand is dialing sis cuz I can't remember where the Hell to turn off on 22 to get to Grantville. Man, 22 even had backlogs going west bound and east bound had a bunch o' NJ plates heading for th eparking lot on I-78. Drove over I-81 at Grantville and think they were going 15-20MPH. Took 443 to Fort Hunter to get home (after dark and pre-Bambi season yet). At least I didn't go the other way and end up at Indiantown Gap. :thumbup:

If you think that is bad, you should have seen the traffic around that place the time Nickleback was in concert, they had something going on in the Giant Center, Bennie Hinn I think it was and the park was open. Talk about a major cluster. To head east, I had to go to Harrisburg. That was the worst traffic I have ever seen around that place. The only thing that comes close, was when Phish was in concert. Then it was at a standstill but not backed up quite as far. Auto show traffic runs a close third. There are tricks to parking around there that people tend to overlook. I usually park on the southside of the tram lane and get out with maybe a 5 minute wait. Another place to park is the outlets or around Wendy's/Red Robin. It also helps if you know anyone in security who will let you sneak out gates that John Q Public can't use.

If you think that is bad, you should have seen the traffic around that place the time Nickleback was in concert, they had something going on in the Giant Center, Bennie Hinn I think it was and the park was open. Talk about a major cluster. To head east, I had to go to Harrisburg. That was the worst traffic I have ever seen around that place. The only thing that comes close, was when Phish was in concert. Then it was at a standstill but not backed up quite as far. Auto show traffic runs a close third. There are tricks to parking around there that people tend to overlook. I usually park on the southside of the tram lane and get out with maybe a 5 minute wait. Another place to park is the outlets or around Wendy's/Red Robin. It also helps if you know anyone in security who will let you sneak out gates that John Q Public can't use.

I remember the FIRST Phish concert that was at Hershey...my wife wanted me to go pick something up at the dry cleaner (that used to be in the barn 322 that Your Place burned down) so GOING toward the barn wasn't the problem...coming back to make the turn on Bullfrog Valley Road WAS!....so I'm creeping along in traffic, and this stoner walks up to my car and knocks on the window "Hey...you know where I can score some herb?" I reply, "no, sorry!" and he moves on to the next car...a few minutes later this other guy walks up to my car and goes "Hey...you wanna buy some herb?" I say "no, but there's a guy about 5 cars up knocking on windows looking for some" he goes "Thanks man!" and he starts heading up....

Anyway...if you have someone to drop off and pick you up, then it's easier (and you don't mind a little walking) but when I park, I try to park at the BACK of the lot, or facing the exit road...usually easier to get out...trying to park as close to the venue is what screws up most people....when Lisa and I went to Philly recently to see Roger Waters, we strategically parked, and were on the sure-kill in nothing flat!

I remember the FIRST Phish concert that was at Hershey...my wife wanted me to go pick something up at the dry cleaner (that used to be in the barn 322 that Your Place burned down) so GOING toward the barn wasn't the problem...coming back to make the turn on Bullfrog Valley Road WAS!....so I'm creeping along in traffic, and this stoner walks up to my car and knocks on the window "Hey...you know where I can score some herb?" I reply, "no, sorry!" and he moves on to the next car...a few minutes later this other guy walks up to my car and goes "Hey...you wanna buy some herb?" I say "no, but there's a guy about 5 cars up knocking on windows looking for some" he goes "Thanks man!" and he starts heading up....

Anyway...if you have someone to drop off and pick you up, then it's easier (and you don't mind a little walking) but when I park, I try to park at the BACK of the lot, or facing the exit road...usually easier to get out...trying to park as close to the venue is what screws up most people....when Lisa and I went to Philly recently to see Roger Waters, we strategically parked, and were on the sure-kill in nothing flat!

Yeah, they were walking along 743 doing the same thing. I heard from one of the guards(pays to have friends in other departments) that one kid was busted for possession and could not make bail, so he paid for both. When we go to a venue, we always look around and plan the best "escape" route. Always pays off in the end. Only time it don't matter, is when we go to a Nascar race. After the race is over, we make something to eat on the grill and by the time we are done, traffic is gone.

Yeah, they were walking along 743 doing the same thing. I heard from one of the guards(pays to have friends in other departments) that one kid was busted for possession and could not make bail, so he paid for both. When we go to a venue, we always look around and plan the best "escape" route. Always pays off in the end. Only time it don't matter, is when we go to a Nascar race. After the race is over, we make something to eat on the grill and by the time we are done, traffic is gone.

That's why we tailgate at the Penn State games....Although sometimes even leaving 4-5 hours after the game it's STILL log-jammed down 322 before you get past Potters Mills....

Btw...Jeffy...Center section row 23 :thumbup: life is GOOD! I was messing with the "package" deals (for $326. :thumbup: ) and told myself that if I got first row I'd do it, and pay the consequences with the wife at a later date (better to ask forgiveness than permission :thumbup: ) but I couldn't get anything better than row 7....and I wasn't paying that much for that far back.....

LMAO, when Billy Joel was at the Stadium in the early 1990s, parked at my sisters friends place 'duntun' and bought bootleg t-shirts on the path behind the Comet. Funny part was the friend knew some of the cops and on the way in we saw a guy get busted for selling other bootleg shirts. Later one cop told the friend that he would have handed us some of the shirts but another cop was there. Think he was trying to suck up to her to go out on a date.

Highpoint was watching a kid get busted for pot on the floor on the Arena while we were sitting in the stands. In between 38 Special and Skynyrd and saw 2 of the bands security monsters (dudes were HUGE) talking to a girl and then go up the floor seating, one on each outside edge. Told my wife to "watch the ####" and when they got to the right row (right in front of us) they closed in. Kids scattered and this shrimpy schmuck is copping an attitude with the guards. Guard motions to hand it over and the kid hands him a baggie. Guard gives him a mouthful as the other guard starts to leave (think they were going to leave him stay). Then numb nutz blows the toke smoke in the guards face..... Guard smacks the joint outta his hand and it goes flying (hope no one got hit). We could SEE the kids jaw hit the ground. Other guard roars back and grabs him by the back of the shirt. Kid gets drug out on his tip toes and I'm laughing my butt off.

Then 20+ years later we see Springsteen and pay top $$$$ so I could get Kris in with a wheelchair as she had knee replacement not long before. About 12 rows from the front and on the end of the aisle on the grass. Sure enough guy in front of Kris, 40ish about 5' 3", shaved head and leathers goes to get his lady a drink. Two college agers who had been scoping the ladies move in thinking she's alone. Shave head comes back and motions for the kids to leave. One kid shakes his head and shave head jumps over so their noses are about 3 inches apart (and he still has the beers in his hands). We're two feet away and I'm thinking we're going to get hit with beer, blood or a body. I get in between Kris and these two and I'm watching the other kid so he doesn't try a Pearl Harbor on shave head. Other kid sees me and start leaving, then his buddy sees he's alone and start backing away from shave head. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari