The history of the Westshoremen

In short, I had a happier and much more enjoyable experience in 1984 in 15th place than I did in 1983 when we were 4th. Wait till I get to 83. The gloves will come off as much as I can allow them to protect the guilty. And much of it had to do with people who came in for that season and that season only and pretty much turned us into a marching Telenovela... :devil:

yeah....my "10 minutes" in the corps in 1984 was a LOT more fun than 1983! Talk about a breaking point! :devil:

Philly thing. apparently originated from guys whose fathers were in the roofers union

(which was just a little mobbed up)

Well the "roofer head" thing and the hydration...Robbie was all over the water breaks...

Except for how Santoro described his year in Cadets :blink: almost everyone I knew that marched DCI was under a staff that gave plenty of breaks, pushed hydration, sun screen, and proper body/head cover.

Well the "roofer head" thing and the hydration...Robbie was all over the water breaks...

Except for how Santoro described his year in Cadets :blink: almost everyone I knew that marched DCI was under a staff that gave plenty of breaks, pushed hydration, sun screen, and proper body/head cover.

Cadets are known for intense rehearsals. I was stunned the actually had a free day last year when they went West.

but...in 95, the Stroudsburg weekend...it was ####### Africa hot......and the school we were at forgot to mow their jungle so we were on concrete. Staff found this out Friday, so we drove up there Friday night and rehearsed in the air conditioned gym from like 10-2. Slept in til 10, then outside...and once outside you weren't allowed to go back in the AC. Every 20 minutes, water break, no exceptions.

When that thunderstorm hit shortly after rehearsal ended, you never saw a corps so refreshed.

Until we went on the field and had a mini meltdown

Cadets are known for intense rehearsals. I was stunned the actually had a free day last year when they went West.

Hopkins is getting soft in his old age...

Hopkins is getting soft in his old age...

well....I mean they did go to the West Coast. he kind of had to.

well....I mean they did go to the West Coast. he kind of had to.

And lost his Hash marks in the meantime... :rolleyes:

Yah know, Rodinaro blew one of the cardinal rules of Journalism with that, LOL. Find out the facts before yah say something incorrect that causes entire movie theatres to boo. :thumbup:

And lost his Hash marks in the meantime... :rolleyes:

Yah know, Rodinaro blew one of the cardinal rules of Journalism with that, LOL. Find out the facts before yah say something incorrect that causes entire movie theatres to boo. :thumbup:

well you're talking about 07, I'm talking about 2011.

Didn't know they did a West Coast swing last season. Not a bad thing. Did they have to go West because the shows out this way are drying up?

nope. YEA ran several shows in the East.

They hadn't been there, other than finals in 07 since 2001. and the big guns are now all trying to travel more to solidify their G7 stuff