The history of the Westshoremen

The reason I can;t be bothered discussing the DCI stuff there is because there are too many people who just wail and cry, cry cry because no one likes their show. Especially Cavies fans. Mytake. Fire the design staff, all of them, keep the tech staff, because the techs saved the corps collective ##### from less than 7th. Madison and BAC are MUCH better products.

Agree, W. Cavies came a long way during the summer, and kudos to them for doing that... but in performance, not in show design. If not for that performance level, Scouts and Boston would have cleaned their clock.

I have always been fascinated by the Cavies' visual programs... until this year. This year, their drill seemed so ordinary compared to their shows of years past.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it up to PA for Chuck's services.

Agree, W. Cavies came a long way during the summer, and kudos to them for doing that... but in performance, not in show design. If not for that performance level, Scouts and Boston would have cleaned their clock.

I have always been fascinated by the Cavies' visual programs... until this year. This year, their drill seemed so ordinary compared to their shows of years past.

When Brubaker passed on, his successor (successors!?) understood the aesthetic that was the brand of the corps and further developed it. This show could be anyone's.

And the Guard costumes.... if a High School wore those... they'd be called on the carpet for tacky, bad, excreable. They'd get bombed for it. I have a feeling that 7th was because of 'who' they were and not what they were this season. Madison's horn book- brilliant! Sheer brilliance from Robert W. Smith, and BAC's show was just quite enjoyable and very professionally handled.

They know me at the Hibachi. :satisfied:

Ahhhhhh W-San Welcome back!! Hai! :worthy:

Went last night and saw some familiar faces. First waved to Frank Magle as he drove in and then talked to Ruth as Bob Sprenkle (from WSM-BS days) came out. Finally put a name to a very familiar face (Tom Beyer). :doh: Bill Miller, Drew Rosenburger from 70s days and Jeff walked in as I was in line. And got to know Tommy Z who was in the 60s I guess (Jeff?) and was behind me in line.

Now if it had just been a better setting than a viewing. And anywhere else but Hoovers (not Mark) as been there too many times. :sad:

Funny part was going to my dads and finding out he's getting a new TV (#### thing;s on all day). "Can't figure out if it's the cable or TV as the picture craps out from time to time. But I can't remember when I bought it so probably the TV." Asked if flat screen and he didn't know. Later he said how narrow and light it was compared to the old one so figured flat screen. Then he showed me the bill cuz we don't know who made it and I'd like to ####. We bought one about 8 years ago and spent about $700 on an off name brand and that was $300 cheaper than the name brand. His new set (slightly smaller)...... listed at...... $250. *b-word, grumble, grumble*.

Tommy Zimmerman...what a character! 50's and 60's I believe, frequently appeared at alumni association meetings when we had those in the 90's.

Got back from Chuck's viewing/funeral. Wonderful family. Saw Larry, Bill and Rose, Steve Fillipelli, Dick Adams. Stayed for mass, went to the cemetery- made sure one of us represented the Corps for the Interment. Chuck more than deserved that. :satisfied:

By the way, I can see why people loathe/hate all over BD this year. But yah know what? I LOVE IT. Then again, I ***like*** Dada art, and the whole Mad Genius thing at work with that show speaks to me. The show is more Dada performance art than a Corps show, but VERY, VERY cool.

Now, the problem will be if other corps or BD think they can do that show again. It's not repeatable or replicable.

I respect BD for being clean. But the show bored me to ####### tears, and live, the narration covered up too many musical moments

new drill designer.

Wish I knew what was being discussed with BD's show...haven't seen or heard it...but keep hearing how Crown was better and shoulda won...