The history of the Westshoremen

Wow, what a bummer! I am so sorry to hear about Mark!

Hey Rick....stay out of the MALLS!!

Who says we aren't looking out for ya!

Question for DrumzX (Hi Steve).....

Where did we get the music for the 1974 "Rebirth" corps? I started listening to a CD of Westshores 1970 show and #### nearly fell out of my chair. The Fanfare number (Man we're old enough to know what THAT means :blink: ) in '70 was the same as '74. It was "Gee that sounds familar, then BOOM as my jaw hit the floor.

Have a feeling what the answer but just wondering out loud....

PS - Can anyone believe the number of pages on this thread? Way to go guys :huh: (Beer suits this group better than ^OO^ ).

PS - Can anyone believe the number of pages on this thread? Way to go guys :blink: (Beer suits this group better than ^OO^ ).

Jim's buying! yay!!!

PS - Can anyone believe the number of pages on this thread? Way to go guys  :huh:  (Beer suits this group better than  ^OO^ ).

Jim's buying! yay!!!

Give these guyz an opening...... :blink:

Wow, just see on eBay that there's an Olds Ultratone Piston/Rotor Contra for sale. Man could I #### off my neighbors with THAT!!!! For youze drummers, Ultratone is the "frosted" finish (non shiny). Westshore had this type of finsh on the Baris and Contras (way) back in my day.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Ben:

I hear ya... just found out this morning that the Mall they were talking about was the Polaris mall (15 min from home and right across the street from where i work). Boy makes me feel comfy. Almost as comfy when Rook was our instructor when we play Toms :).

Boy makes me feel comfy. Almost as comfy when Rook was our instructor when we play Toms :).

OOOOF! that one went right for the bawls! :blink:

Polaris huh? I didn't get to that one, as long as they leave the Easton Mall alone, especially the Cheesecake Factory! hahaha!!!

C'mon Jimmy! You have one of those cushy Gov't jobs...you can treat the "Corps"! hahaha!!!

PS - Can anyone believe the number of pages on this thread? Way to go guys  :blink:  (Beer suits this group better than  ^OO^ ).

Jim's buying! yay!!!

I like Coors light :P

PS - Can anyone believe the number of pages on this thread? Way to go guys  :blink:  (Beer suits this group better than  ^OO^ ).

Jim's buying! yay!!!

I like Coors light :P

Man I thought my wife was tough..... :P

OK, good news is I'm buying the first round.

<pause two seconds>

No, not the first KEG, the first ROUND. b**bs

Bad news is the first show I'll make might be Coatsville in August. Conflicts with Bucknell and Hershey. Geez, we NEED more local shows. :(

OK guys, been away for a while and I still don't see what happened to Mark P. Seems a lot of you were surprised as I was. Ricky if your the one who posted this let us know the low down. By the way, I go by the Polaris Mall and Industial Park all the time on the way to South Western West "By God" Virginia. We are in the process right now of buying a home(first time at 52...nerves can't take it :( )and it has a in ground pool. Love to have you up for the house warming...if all goes well. It's only a 2 1/2 hr drive to Toledo and you know I'll have the beer ICE COLD!!

Another Mark P story: It's the week before DCA 1980 and we're somewhere in western Pa...maybe DuBois? We're the top ranked corp there and Rich is telling us the panel is tough and we have to score high for next week. We're at a local High School and it's time for the final run through of the drill. Rich is in the press box with a mega phone and says start the show and he'll critique each drill at it's end. We started the show and at the end of each song/drum solo there's this brief moment of silence and he says "OK...next". This goes on for the entire 13 min drill. At the end he says that's the best he's ever seen. We form a parade formation and proceed to play the street time and walk out of the stadium and down the right travel portion of the street towards the contest site. Besides the show on the field with YR 75 I've never felt so proud and confident in my career. We had traffic backed up and walked tall; proud; and bad. As I recall we broke a 90 that night. My point is this....Mark walked back from the retreat line with the first place trophy and came right to me and handed it to me. He took off his hat and said " your probably the biggest reason we're here tonight and this may be the last trophy you'll ever see(I announced my retirement at Boston)...you deserve it and #### Hershman!!" I carried that off the field while the line played the retreat and cried like a baby. MY GOD we were good :blink: