The history of the Westshoremen

Which goes to show EVERYONE in the world played bass drum for Westshore! hahaha!

(####,I played bass in 2 or 3 parades, not to mention 37th Regiment! hahaha!)

Speaking of "37th", anyone in the Alumni circles thinking of "resurrecting" them for the halloween parade season? (wink wink nudge nudge)

yes but....we own no drums.

Both Mr Raudabaugh and myself got our start playing bass in Westshore in 76 at the ripe old age of 14. Whooo Hooo that was just yesterday :).

Hmmmm Hershey is right around the corner. I'm sure which I'm more interested in seeing the seniors which i haven't seen since I moved out to Ohio in 99 or the continued showdown between the devils and SCV (they are right on top of each other).

Yeah..that's the only thing I'm ###### about not being around for this weekend (ok well that and the Big 33 game) Seeing the Devils and SCV on our home court!! ( I know SCV played here before, but did the Devils ever? well recently, someone's bound to say "yeah 1976!")

No drums huh? can't leech them from some high schools? (Call Brian Schell! haha!)

That would be the proverbial pi$$er! hahaha!!!

Both Mr Raudabaugh and myself got our start playing bass in Westshore in 76 at the ripe old age of 14. Whooo Hooo that was just yesterday :).

Hmmmm Hershey is right around the corner. I'm sure which I'm more interested in seeing the seniors which i haven't seen since I moved out to Ohio in 99 or the continued showdown between the devils and SCV (they are right on top of each other).

Ben during the fall, drums are less than likely to be loaned.

as for BD, yes in 76 they did Hershey.

Nice pictures, Jeff.    Straighten, crop, enhance, ta da!

60s_Shore.jpg

60s_Shore_2.jpg

60s_honor_guard.jpg

HOLY HISTORY! I'm in the bottom picture. . .this is from either '64 or '65.. .I carried a flag for two years before converting to drums under John Flowers. I remember those flags! They were the bomb. . .oh, no.. .wait, they were friggin' heavy!!!!! :o

OK got a question for mainly Steve (DrumzX) and Ben but anyone can join in the fun.  :lol:

On the "Drum and Bugle Corps of North America" site (www.dbcna.com) think there are some errors dealing with Westshores' "offshoot" corps. The site lists all the corps they can find but they have:

37th Regiment : short lived reorganization of the Westshoremen who folded after 1972 DCA Championship : Harrisburg  Senior: Parade: 72-73

Nothing is listed for the Keystone Kavaliers (only Steve, Jeff and I know what the #### I am talking about with THAT corps).

Think they have 37th and ye olde Keystone Kavaliers corn-fused but want to confirm this before I email some corrections.

I think they should have:

37th Regiment: Parade corps formed by members of Westshoremen : Harrisburg Senior: Parade: <Need help on dates - think it started 77 when I was in college but not sure how long this lasted>

Keystone Kavaliers: short lived reorganization of the Westshoremen who folded after 1972 DCA Championship : Harrisburg  Senior: : 72-73  <Parade part deleted>

And YES I know where the name 37th came from. Think Steve has blotted that from his memory  :P but it was my first competition  :lol:  :lol:

Ah heck, I remember where the 37th name came from too!! A return of note. :)

The Keystone Kavaliers were a breakaway from the Westhoremen. . .were a group that were unhappy with the direction of the corps. This was before the corps dropped the name Bonnie Scots. The corps didn't fold though. We merged back into the Westshoremen with the Bonnie Scots portion of the name dropped. It was a reorganization of both groups to strengthen the one.

37th was only ever a parade corps formed to be a fund raiser for the Westshoremen. It was intended to be fun, do Halloween parades and again, become a fund raiser for Westshore. 37th was never anything but a parade corps.

beware all, Chris Garrett joined DCP

djing for Hot 92. he thinks he's black so he's working for the hip hop/rap station

beware all, Chris Garrett joined DCP

Look out! We are all in deep #### now! :P