Harvey "Skip" Spankuch passed away

Harvey "SKIP" Spankuch died Sunday, October 25, 2009, at home. Born on March 8, 1943, in Jersey City, N.J. He was a U.S. Army veteran, having served during the Vietnam War. He was in the Honor Guard in Westshoreman and was on the administration staff. He then went to the Skyliners. He loved the activity and the people.

Fueral services will be held at 1pm Friday, in the Hoffman-Roth Funeral Home and Crematory, 219 North Hanover Street, Carlisle, PA 17013. Burial, with full military honors, will be held in Cumberland Valley Memorial Gardens. A viewing will be held from noon to 1pm Friday, at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Central Pennsylania, 1320 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17110.

To sign the guest book visit:

www.hoffmanroth.com

Rest in Peace "SKIP"

Thanks for the heads up. When was Mr Spankuch in Westshore and Sky?

Sad news about Skip.

May he rest in peace.

Thank you Eldon for letting us know.

Dan

Skip was great guy. One of the best stories he ever told me was of his time overseas. For those that don't know, Skip was severely wounded while serving our country. When he woke up in the medical facility after doctors reconstructed his face, the doctors asked him if he knew where he was. He said no, but that he knew he wasn't dead. When the doctors asked him how he was so sure, he replied "well I figure in Heaven, you shouldn't feel pain - plus, I don't care if it's Heaven or Hell, I KNOW they don't paint it NATO green!"

Heartfelt sympathies and prayers to Skip's family and friends. I believe he joined the Skyliners with a group of Westshoremen in 2002, and he marched with us for a number of years in the American Section. No matter how long he was with us, he was a Skyliner through and through. Always excited to be with the corps, marching despite the constant pain (from war injuries), Skip's smile, laugh and enthusiasm were contagious. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

Skip, thank you for your service to the U.S.A.