Longest lasting chord?

Still a cheesy song. :thumbup:

Actually, I think if it hadn't been linked to "Ice Castles," we probably wouldn't be so hard on it. But the cheesiness of the film -- newly blinded figure skater manages to skate to success thanks to the love of her boyfriend . . . yecccckkk! -- pretty much doomed it to the "cheese" hall of fame forever.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think if it hadn't been linked to "Ice Castles," we probably wouldn't be so hard on it. But the cheesiness of the film -- newly blinded figure skater manages to skate to success thanks to the love of her boyfriend . . . yecccckkk! -- pretty much doomed it to the "cheese" hall of fame forever.

So what you are saying is that it's a case of cheese by association.

I agree Ice Castles did indeed suck.

So what you are saying is that it's a case of cheese by association.

LOL, yes! :thumbup:

But, having said that, I don't even give the film a second thought when I hear Madison play that tune. Their rendition has such power that it stands on its own.

Not DCI, but still an impressive last chord. Only four counts long, but they last fifteen seconds.

Yokohama Inspires - M

Crossmen 84 -- end of Russlan and Ludmilla.

I think the discussion here is on a chord sustained by the entire corps....not one with some other stuff on top of it (like R&L).

Now if you want to talk longest single sustained notes...I'll give the sop soloist from 88 Star (I need to time that sucker...I think he was circular breathing), or Barbara Maroney in 84 (19 seconds on one breath...1 sec on the pickup and 18 on the sustained top note...droooollll)

(19 seconds on one breath...1 sec on the pickup and 18 on the sustained top note...droooollll)

Clean-up on aisle 12!

Curious...what was the longest chord any corps has done? This topic may have been posted already but I searched and did not find it anywhere.

You did say ANY corps not just DCI era junior corps right? The longest ending probably happened sometime in the 70s or maybe 80s in senior corps when corps like the Cabs used to let the last chord just hang forever while the drum major turned to the audience eliciting response, then he would turn back to the corps and have them play all out for a couple seconds to finally end it. A good example of that is actually 1996 Crossmen at the end of Niner-Two. If you are looking for the longest recorded ending I dont know but the longest ending ever played... my guess is some random DCA show in the 70s or 80s when some drum major just couldnt get enough.