has anyone been in this situation?

Sorry for the loss of your mom!!

You will be fine and it will just take a little while to remember a few things.

I took 3 years off and then jumped back in. I think you will be surprised at how quickly some things come back and others that are a little inconsistent for a bit longer.

Good luck!!

Good luck with your audition and sorry to hear of your loss.

One thing to keep in mind is that many corps look beyond just your performance at the audition in making their decisions. I have read many times on Hop's blog that they will often choose a kid with less talent and more drive over a kid who is very talented but has a poor attitude or overinflated ego. Corps want kids that want to be there and are willing to work hard and give their all. So be sure that whereever you audition, you show great enthusiasm, willingness to learn, and ability to pick things up quickly. These qualities (and your overall character) will be as important as how well you perform your audition piece.

Best wishes!

Sorry about your loss. Best of luck. I would suggest dedicating your season to your mother. It may give you the upper edge and determination to achieve your goal. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your loss!

I say just give it your all and go for it!

Best of luck!

Sorry for the loss of your mom!!

You will be fine and it will just take a little while to remember a few things.

I took 3 years off and then jumped back in. I think you will be surprised at how quickly some things come back and others that are a little inconsistent for a bit longer.

Good luck!!

Good luck with your audition and sorry to hear of your loss.

One thing to keep in mind is that many corps look beyond just your performance at the audition in making their decisions. I have read many times on Hop's blog that they will often choose a kid with less talent and more drive over a kid who is very talented but has a poor attitude or overinflated ego. Corps want kids that want to be there and are willing to work hard and give their all. So be sure that whereever you audition, you show great enthusiasm, willingness to learn, and ability to pick things up quickly. These qualities (and your overall character) will be as important as how well you perform your audition piece.

Best wishes!

Sorry about your loss. Best of luck. I would suggest dedicating your season to your mother. It may give you the upper edge and determination to achieve your goal. :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear about your loss!

I say just give it your all and go for it!

Best of luck!

Thanks so much for all this help. I will be sure to tell you all how it goes at this camp next week!