What did everyone think of Capital Regiment last season?

:tongue: Just wondering what everyone thought of Capital Regiment last season with their return in Open Class?

I never got a chance to see them in person, mainly because I competed against them and either was never able to get back to the stadium to see them or they were on before us. But I watched their performance on the DVD of Finals, and seemed to do well. I'm also glad to see that they're back on the field competing.

I saw them and was impressed. Honestly. The return is great, but it was a successfull competitve return. Congrats.

I was at a June camp taking care of some minor brass repairs and saw a group of total rookies working very hard with a very good staff.

Later during tour I saw them and was amazed at the progress. At championships I saw very seasoned members, you wouldn't know that they were rookies a mere 50 days prior.

The Brass Shop

I thought they did pretty well...but maybe I'm a little biased???

I think the return of Capital Regiment was a success. I got to see them a couple of times and the corps made significant improvement over the course of the season.

I hope there is no reason to be concerned that they canceled their November audition camp.

I do wonder if there is reason to be concerned with the fact that some of the key staff people have moved to Forte? I see that Forte is now holding camps in Ohio and Virginia Beach...two strong membership areas for Cap Reg.

That can't be a good thing for Cap Reg.

If kids go to where they want to march and stay i guess "loyal" to a corps, I would not expect any Cap Reg vet to end up at any Forte camp. The VA Beach camp...no lie...3 minutes driving from my house. Not going because I want to march Cap again

If they go where there favorite staff member is, then who knows what will happen...

If we all wait and see...we might be in for a surprise. Best of luck to Capital Regiment and Forte...they both know where to find talent....can't wait to see what we do with it

I had an interesting view of the corps this year. Obviously, I am a bit biased. That said, I saw the corps back in December with one vet, barely 20 brass and a few guard. Fast forward to the next time I saw them at the end of July. Wow. I was blown away. I can't wait to see what happens this year.