Just when you think DCI can't #### you off anymore...

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My instrument(s) made drum corps into summer marching band. I'm so proud of myself.

So you play the timpani, marimba, voicebox, drum machine, Bb trumpet, string bass, synthesizer, Bb Tuba, F mello, Gong, Chimes, Bb baritone, and Glockenspiel???

WOW :thumbup:

Wouldn't they be bleacher judges?

And no, just string bass and saxophone. Haven't worked my way in with the latter yet :thumbup:

All drum corps are marching bands, and always have been. Not all marching bands are drum corps though.

:thumbup: Inappropriate use of semi-relevant logic. 15 yard penalty AND loss of down :tongue:

<= just got done watching football...

Edited by euponitone

So can a high school band that carries only contras, baris, euphs, mellos and trumpets be called a drum corps?

according to some people

So can a high school band that carries only contras, baris, euphs, mellos and trumpets be called a drum corps?

What other instrumentation do they have?

If you say none, then the answer is no, it is a bugle corps (lack of drums). If they add pit perc, battery, and brass, then they are a drum and bugle corps.

No. If the unit described here had no auxiliary guard, or percussion line, it would seem to me that " Brass Band " would be the most apt description.

Edited by BRASSO

OR, a high school band, with the same instrumentation as a drum and bugle corps......