Phantom Regiment in the news

Only 8 hour days???? Where did that reporter get his info from? Does any corps really only go 8 hours in a day? I remember more like 14-16 on non show days and 8-10 on show days.

Im sure there are a few corps that do this. A friend of mine at The Blue Devils said they will do maybe 2, 2-3 hour blocks on show days and 3, 3 hour blocks on non show days, seems to work well for them. :laugh: That must be their secret, SLEEP!

Actually with all the insane running corps now do, I can see where rest may play a very vital role to their accomplishments.

Sleep? What's that? :laugh:

Its what you do after you age out. :ninja:

Im sure there are a few corps that do this. A friend of mine at The Blue Devils said they will do maybe 2, 2-3 hour blocks on show days and 3, 3 hour blocks on non show days, seems to work well for them. :laugh: That must be their secret, SLEEP!

Wasn't much different in 84...part of getting the most out of your people is NOT beating them into the ground just because you can.

The 82 corps saw more movies during the rehearsal season than in other years, because they met the rehearsal goals so early...sure they could've gone on, but giving the down time was probably one thing that contributed to the undefeated season and record high score (under the tic).

When your kids learn everything well, perform well, and RETAIN everything, that goes a long way to not having to pound the members into submission.

Wasn't much different in 84...part of getting the most out of your people is NOT beating them into the ground just because you can.

The 82 corps saw more movies during the rehearsal season than in other years, because they met the rehearsal goals so early...sure they could've gone on, but giving the down time was probably one thing that contributed to the undefeated season and record high score (under the tic).

When your kids learn everything well, perform well, and RETAIN everything, that goes a long way to not having to pound the members into submission.

Not beating your people into the ground is HIGHLY underrated.

Not beating your people into the ground is HIGHLY underrated.

Indeed...and one just has to look at BD's success (not necessarily the # of rings) through the last 30 years to see it in action.

Uber-hardcore may work at some corps (Freelancers come to mind), but not everywhere...I suspect the more laid back rehearsal technique might be one reason so many people try to age out with BD....there's one guy posting on the BD board who wants to do that this season...and he won with Regiment in 08.