Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

Maltese Cross that was on my hat;

MalteseCrossPin.jpg

A Porcelain doll that my mother (RIP) made for me. She even poured the porcelain, painted it and made the clothes.

She also made one for LancerFi...

CrossmenDoll2.jpg

2-7doll.jpg

A North Star sticker that was on their hats;

NorthStarLogo.jpg

Maltese Cross that was on my hat;

A Porcelain doll that my mother (RIP) made for me. She even poured the porcelain, painted it and made the clothes.

She also made one for LancerFi...

CrossmenDoll2.jpg

2-7doll.jpg

Thanks for sharing these with us. These are clearly a labor of love and she did a beautiful job!

I have been surprised to see these "drum corps dolls" in this post never knowing that such a thing existed. Maybe these sorts of things are still being made today. And maybe some of today's members would like to have such a thing. Photos and buttons are two dimensional. I kinda enjoy the three dimentinal objects. WhenI get a chance I will post some pictures of trophies, you know those gold and silver things they used to hand out at shows. Whatever happened to all of those trophies I wonder.

Edited by baja

Thanks for sharing these with us. These are clearly a labor of love and she did a beautiful job!

I have been surprised to see these "drum corps dolls" in this post never knowing that such a thing existed. Maybe these sorts of things are still being made today. And maybe some of today's members would like to have such a thing. Photos and buttons are two dimensional. I kinda enjoy the three dimentinal objects. WhenI get a chance I will post some pictures of trophies, you know those gold and silver things they used to hand out at shows. Whatever happened to all of those trophies I wonder.

I like drum corps doll collections. Thanks Malibu. 10 years ago I gave my 1970’s drum major trophies to a trophy shop and asked that they refurbish and donate them to a deserving kid. Please post your trophy photos. In the meantime, one more cartoon :-)

76-news1-a.jpg

Regarding the topic of Drum Corps dolls.....I have thought a long time that drum corps dolls would be a VERY marketable product. The only thing stopping me, is that I'm not real good with a sewing machine. LOL Personally, I think the way to go would be to make uniforms in the size to fit Barbie, Ken, &/or G.I. Joe. These dolls can be found at yard sales really cheap. A person would have to be creative enough to fashion shakos and aussie hats, and various trim accessories. But, basic bib and tunic patterns, once properly sized, could be made in various colors to achieve a multitude of corps uniforms....not only from the present, but also for corps from the past.

Then comes the question......If I market these dolls, who is going to want a cut from my profits? Will this corps or that corps tell me I can't sell the likeness of their uniform? Would DCI step in and say they had to have 13% of my gross sales? Should they be marketed to the various corps for them to re-sell? Would you sell them on-line?

Just some thoughts. :tongue: