As a fan, What do you want to see?

Musical_Spinner

Let's hear it! What would you like to see done this year that was perhaps lacking in previous years?

Better quality work? Dance? Happy shows?

You get the idea.

I would like to see dance improve drastically again just like in previous years.

I would also die to see a truly world class flag book that is demanding and well achieved

in all the guards, and not just at the end of the show with a flag feature but throughout the show with a flag

line.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see more diversity of design approach in the A class finals.

Gripping shows that put a lump in your throat and goose bumps on your arms (ala SCV Company Front)!

:tongue:

I would like to see more diversity of design approach in the A class finals.

I would love this. We've discussed how this can back fire but I don't care. I want to see this done!

unfortunately, you probably won"t see that too much this year for numerous reasons...

Last year I sat through all of IA prelims. I few guards that I thought broke the mold just missed finals. A few that I thought did not get the credit they deserved were Les Eclipses, St Brendans and the University of Louisiana. I think that the 70 / 30 weighted sheets in class A have taken a bit away from the creativity. Shows written to the sheets make finals....shows that go a bit outside of the norm come close to finals but miss the cut in the end. I will say that the training in the A class has improved...which I guess is the intent of the sheets.

I don't want to see scattered people tossing at different times in a drill, it's messy and over done already (I won't name names, but some guards we know are going to do it no matter what).

I want to see a smaller guard kick butt. When a smaller guard makes finals it makes me smile because you know they worked super hard to beat out groups with larger numbers (I think we can agree, the bigger the guard the kinder the judging).

I want to see pretty shows. :thumbs-up:

I just wanted to point out that there ARE some people who really enjoy "pretty" shows, otherwise no one would be doing them. I'll take a well trained, SOLID colorguard performing to a ballad over one that growls at me ANY day. Enough of the angry faces!

Have you been to WGI Finals in the past 3 years? I can't recall one show that was "angry" or involved people growling. Some of the shows that DIDN'T make finals had those moments, but most of the shows that have made finals the past few years have been "happy" or "pretty" with some "throwback" shows in the mix as well.

Maybe you're just talking about experiences in your local circuit?