I Seek your . . .

I do not post much.

I have been involved with the activity since the 70's

I am amazed that they did not make finals last year considering 1) they performed for the first time in the Presdential inauguration parade and 2) their first camp was canceled due to inclimate weather which 3) the typing heads counted them out and finally 4) they were discounted as a lesser corps for those who beat them out to make the coveted top 12.

They are from the smallest community to sponsor a Division I corps and supports the community at large.

They should no longer be treated as a red-headed step child.

PUT YOUR VOTE IN FACEBOOK FOR THE ORGANIZATION THAT DESERVES THE MONEY AND WILL PUT IT TO GOOD USE.

THE LEGION AIRES, THE COLTS

Hey dude, 1) voting doesn't begin until January 15th (each groups "Big Idea" announced on January 8th), 2) please don't "put your vote in facebook" (I think you mean vote for the Legion Aires through Chase Community Giving on facebook), 3) you can also vote for CC, Cavies, and Phantom, and 4) WHY ARE WE YELLING?!?

Grass roots. Grass roots. That all it is.

The other corps have at advantage based on where they are located.

Thee Colts--need your support. Better get out the word now and keep it going. I am not yelling I am just emphasizing the importance to get the vote out and get the organization who needs and deserves the vote. THE COLTS.

Don't the Colts wear blue?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=132707

^There's the proof.

j/k :rolleyes:

Good luck with this to the corps who are involved.

I do not post much.

I have been involved with the activity since the 70's

I am amazed that they did not make finals last year considering 1) they performed for the first time in the Presdential inauguration parade and 2) their first camp was canceled due to inclimate weather which 3) the typing heads counted them out and finally 4) they were discounted as a lesser corps for those who beat them out to make the coveted top 12.

They are from the smallest community to sponsor a Division I corps and supports the community at large.

They should no longer be treated as a red-headed step child.

PUT YOUR VOTE IN FACEBOOK FOR THE ORGANIZATION THAT DESERVES THE MONEY AND WILL PUT IT TO GOOD USE.

THE LEGION AIRES, THE COLTS

Dubuque Pop. 57,250

La Crosse Pop. 50,902

Dubuque Pop. 57,250

La Crosse Pop. 50,902

Casper: 49,644 according to Wikipedia, but population reports ebb and flow, and some include a "metro area" which definitely expands the population base for every city.

The Facebook Chase giveaway thing is all about who takes best advantage of electronic communications, and I don't think many corps have been as proactive as a handful of others in this regard. Heck, at least Colts got into the final voting round, which is better than almost all the others who were in the mix.

What do numbers 1 through 4 have to do with making or not making finals?

...They are from the smallest community to sponsor a Division I corps.....

I believe that that is innacurate. The village of Rosemont is much smaller with a population of only ~ 5,000. Also, to the best of my knowlege, the Cavaliers (founded in 1948) hold the distinction of being the only corps older than the town where it's from (incorporated 1956).

Yeah, making finals or not doesn't have much to do with the Chase charity stuff. The only thing that it showed is that a corps could make the top 100 and the final round of voting without having had to be a DCI finalist. One thing I was amazed at learning about the Colts last year was how strong of a support operation and following they actually have. GL to all remaining corps in the final round of voting and GO RED TEAM!!!