Allentown

I'm considering going to Allentown for the shows in August. If tickets are available, where is the best seating? From the seating chart, looks like sections G, H, I, and J are the best. How many rows are in those sections? I'm looking for 'mid level' seating.

Thanks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes those are the best sections, and I believe there are about 30 - 40 rows.

i would say at this stage, your best options for getting seats in those sections is outside the gates before each night

There really isn't a "Bad" seat in Allentown. You can see the field from everywhere...you just don't get direct sound if you aren't near the center. Any seat in the upper section is good. Just a note for sitting mid-level...if you or someone coming with you has trouble with steps...there are NO railings along the steps in Allentown...It is bench seating...but can get tight...I usually order an extra ticket just for the extra room. I had a friend show up last year the night of the show and bought two tickets at the gate...she ended up sitting 2 rows from the top...upper section...so sometimes the best seats are gotten at the gate. Enjoy....this will be my 33rd year....and it's always a good time..

There really isn't a "Bad" seat in Allentown. You can see the field from everywhere...you just don't get direct sound if you aren't near the center. Any seat in the upper section is good. Just a note for sitting mid-level...if you or someone coming with you has trouble with steps...there are NO railings along the steps in Allentown...It is bench seating...but can get tight...I usually order an extra ticket just for the extra room. I had a friend show up last year the night of the show and bought two tickets at the gate...she ended up sitting 2 rows from the top...upper section...so sometimes the best seats are gotten at the gate. Enjoy....this will be my 33rd year....and it's always a good time..

Thanks for the replies. I have bought tickets from folks selling at the gate the day of the show, but, best case, would rather have tickets 'in hand' day before I make the trek (I'm in the midwest, and may fly in to Philadelphia).

Not sure if DCI, Ticketmaster, or other entity is handling the tickets (via phone). DCI seems to still be on vacation (though their phone message says they're having normal business hours as of today), and Ticketmaster can't find the event in their system. Not real thrilled with paying Ticketmaster's fees, so if it's thru someone else, that would be better.

Van

Thanks for the replies. I have bought tickets from folks selling at the gate the day of the show, but, best case, would rather have tickets 'in hand' day before I make the trek (I'm in the midwest, and may fly in to Philadelphia).

Not sure if DCI, Ticketmaster, or other entity is handling the tickets (via phone). DCI seems to still be on vacation (though their phone message says they're having normal business hours as of today), and Ticketmaster can't find the event in their system. Not real thrilled with paying Ticketmaster's fees, so if it's thru someone else, that would be better.

Van

If you wanted the good seats to Allentown from DCI you should have ordered the day they went on sale at the latest.

Doing it through DCI if you can is going to be better than going through Ticketmaster because Ticketmaster doesn't understand what the best seats for drum corps is and you have no choice but to take what they give you.

The good news is that if you preorder tickets then next year DCI will send you info on how to order them before they go on sale to the general public and that is when you can get the really nice seats. You still have to be fast though, I did my order late in the preorder timeframe and the center top section was already sold out.

If you wanted the good seats to Allentown from DCI you should have ordered the day they went on sale at the latest.

That's generally what I do for DCI events. However, I didn't really seriously consider Allentown until the holidays.

If I can't get good tickets thru DCI, I may just 'wing it' and take my chances on getting a good seat the day of the show...

Van

Actually, I find that doing it through ticketmaster is the best. Just do it through the PHONE. You can ask the representative to check certain sections. It is great.

I dont think Ticketmaster runs Allentown do they?