Crusaders will not field a competition corps for 2010

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear about smaller corps not fielding a competitive corps and it does not seem as shocking... but to hear of a DCA giant like the Crusaders missing a year is truly shocking!

it's happened to a lot of corps......sky, westshore, rebels and so on. times are tough. it's always sad when a corps goes inactive or dies. makes you remember what a privalege it really is.

Sky is still trying to stay afloat but Westshoremen and Yankee Rebels have been gone for a while.

it's happened to a lot of corps......sky, westshore, rebels and so on. times are tough. it's always sad when a corps goes inactive or dies. makes you remember what a privalege it really is.

Sky is still trying to stay afloat but Westshoremen and Yankee Rebels have been gone for a while.

i'm aware of that. sky has been inactive for 2 years. and so your point is? i mean i can name a lot of corps who have gone through this. it's still tough no matter what era your talking about. the brigs were gone for 20 something years for instance and the hamburg kinsman never came back. this has been a problem forever, it's tough like i said. and it's very sad.

I think Don was pointing out that both of these corps took a "time out" and came back. Westshore. specifically, rose from the ashes a couple of times. Hell, they won DCA in 1996! The Skyliners came out of inactive status to win class A, and the Sunrisers and Grenadiers continue as class A copmpetitors, after being sidelined.

It sucks that ANY corps has to go "inactive". We can only hope that the Crusaders can make it back to active status and not fold completely.

I think Don was pointing out that both of these corps took a "time out" and came back. Westshore. specifically, rose from the ashes a couple of times. Hell, they won DCA in 1996! The Skyliners came out of inactive status to win class A, and the Sunrisers and Grenadiers continue as class A copmpetitors, after being sidelined.

It sucks that ANY corps has to go "inactive". We can only hope that the Crusaders can make it back to active status and not fold completely.

thanks. you got my point. we never know how a corps comes out of these things but we hope that all corps come back and maybe stronger then before. like i said before this really hurts.

Don't you hate when you post something and people can change the meaning. I was just saying that's all. No big deal.

I also hate to hear of a longstanding DCA corps going inactive but with a good plan, Cru can certainly come back big and strong again. Best of luck to you !!!

If anyone can go inactive and come back stronger then ever its Cru. See you guys again soon, I KNOW it. :tongue: