New York Skyliners Alumni Announce The 2010 N.J. BHoF Regional I&E

The N.Y. Skyliners Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to host one of the two Regional I E shows of the 2010 Bugler’s Hall of Fame 4th North American Championships. This will include events for both Brass and Percussion, Individual and Ensemble, Mixed Ensemble, and Mini-corps. The first...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The N.Y. Skyliners Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to host one of the two Regional I E shows of the 2010 Bugler’s Hall of Fame 4th North American Championships. This will include events for both Brass and Percussion, Individual and Ensemble, Mixed Ensemble, and Mini-corps. The first...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

So ... looks like the Sunrisers Alumni Ensemble will be making a grand appearance at Sky Alumni's I&E show in Garfield on Feb 27th ... BHOFers Frank Dorittie, Screech Arietano, Steve Buglino and Ray Fallon will be syncing up with many Sun talents of yesteryear (Bob Murphy, Frank Diliberto among the many) ... HOO HAA ... rumor has it that Fran Haring may be making a cameo appearance with his lovely bride Barb ... maybe we can get Marty "Stan" Roche to pay a visit? ... or how about Bobby Steinhilber??? ... and ... better yet, how about the current Sunrisers Field Corps??? ... surely this would b e a worthwhile "field" tirp to see their heros of the past ... even BHOFer Frank Ponzo will be there (yes, he was in Sun before the Cabs) ...

C'mon ... join the fun ... brass clinic by Al Chez????? ... WOW!!!! ... I heard Bucky say he might even buy a ticket to see if he got everything he taught him right!!!!

Need info??? ... check Sky Alumni's or the BHOF website for info ...

Andy "your cordial I&E MC" Lisko

So ... looks like the Sunrisers Alumni Ensemble will be making a grand appearance at Sky Alumni's I&E show in Garfield on Feb 27th ... BHOFers Frank Dorittie, Screech Arietano, Steve Buglino and Ray Fallon will be syncing up with many Sun talents of yesteryear (Bob Murphy, Frank Diliberto among the many) ... HOO HAA ... rumor has it that Fran Haring may be making a cameo appearance with his lovely bride Barb ... maybe we can get Marty "Stan" Roche to pay a visit? ... or how about Bobby Steinhilber??? ... and ... better yet, how about the current Sunrisers Field Corps??? ... surely this would b e a worthwhile "field" tirp to see their heros of the past ... even BHOFer Frank Ponzo will be there (yes, he was in Sun before the Cabs) ...

C'mon ... join the fun ... brass clinic by Al Chez????? ... WOW!!!! ... I heard Bucky say he might even buy a ticket to see if he got everything he taught him right!!!!

Need info??? ... check Sky Alumni's or the BHOF website for info ...

Andy "your cordial I&E MC" Lisko

Yes, we do hope to be there, Andy... weather and health permitting!!

It'll be nice for me to sit back and watch someone else work that day. :laughing:

Fran

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be nice for me to sit back and watch someone else work that day. :smile:

Fran

Bumping this to the front because I'd like to see as many of you there in person as possible ... even if to just see Fran & Barb there ... wadda ya say???

:-)

It'll be nice for me to sit back and watch someone else work that day. :smile:

Fran

Fran,

They may not have told you but I got it in my contract that neither you nor Stan is allowed to stand behind me with a french horn, although a low grade nuclear explosion would be acceptable.

You have to draw a line somewhere on noise....

Fran,

They may not have told you but I got it in my contract that neither you nor Stan is allowed to stand behind me with a french horn, although a low grade nuclear explosion would be acceptable.

You have to draw a line somewhere on noise....

No horn-playing for me that day...just watching... so your hearing is safe..... LOL

Now, I can't speak for Stan....... :smile:

Fran

I've been thinking about coming out of retirement one of these years and entering one of these I&E shows.

It'll be the year when everyone else retires.... so I would be the only entrant, and then I'd win. :smile:

Fran

bump

El Bumperino ... let's get this puppy back to the top topic ... if you haven't been to one of these Back To The Future I&E events, you're really cheating yourself out of one heckuva drum corps experience ... this is the third year that Sky's Alumni is partnering with the BHOF and from all indications, a stellar crew of BHOF honkers will be there to one-up each other throughout the day ... that is, after they attend Al Chez's brass clinic ... and ... pay a visit to the Buy Bucky a Beer Booth ... well ... what more could you ask for? ...

Andy "will MC for: :tongue: " Lisko

This is an excellent opportunity for the younger players among us to pick up pointers from a master trumpeter AND play in an Individual competition. Look at it as a way to get your feet wet for DCA and/or DCI Individuals. So who cares where you place? Make it an experience, not a pressure pot. Wish I wasn't in Florida that week, or I'd enter - need to eventually redeem myself from that "crash and burn" a few years back.