designers

dugg

i really enjoy the way Sac uses there "props" that rotate people... very cool!

one show i know i will enjoy is AE... and I really really like Trumbulls show this year!!

I am extremely excited to see Onyx!!!

I would have to agree about Sac.. I think this is going to be a great year for them. AE cant agree sorry but love trumbull although remeinds me alot of Flanagans war year

GO SAC !!!!!!!!! :w00t:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Trumbull can crack the top 10. . .but one thing is for sure, SW is going to be a bloodbath this season. There are SO many good groups this year. Centerville is having one of their best years ever. Watch for Carmel to be a dark horse. . .I think they'll medal. I also believe that Logan takes the gold back to Cali and Flanagan finds themselves in a familiar spot: on the outside looking in. Those are my fearless predictions so far!! :-)

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I think Trumbull can crack the top 10. . .but one thing is for sure, SW is going to be a bloodbath this season. There are SO many good groups this year. Centerville is having one of their best years ever. Watch for Carmel to be a dark horse. . .I think they'll medal. I also believe that Logan takes the gold back to Cali and Flanagan finds themselves in a familiar spot: on the outside looking in. Those are my fearless predictions so far!! :-)

totally agree with you

I really think Carmel may win (wellllll I am really hopinggggg they win thats what I should say)...

Put me on board with the SCV dislike train.

I REALLY wanted to like it, but I just didn't. The music, the floor. I don't think guards should limit themselves by sticking to one part of the floor just because the floor is designed a certain way. SCV didn't particularly innovate with the way they used the floor, everyone seemed too close together most of the time and the flow of the staging was predictable. A blank canvas/floor would have been better to give the designers some breathing room. A noble idea to innovate with that floor, but so far, in my eyes, a failure.

I honestly didn't like the choreography either, not enough nuance for my liking, no double takes of "Oh, what was that? I want to see that again). And some of the facings of the performers were awkward for reading the equipment (granted the angle of the camera was diagonally, but a good show is viewable from ANYWHERE in the house).

It's going to be another great year for WGI.

I enjoyed seeing Santa Clara Vanguard's show. I think it is easily a medal contender. However, I haven't seen Pride, Sac, NEi, or Onyx yet.

FANTASIA.

They're truly amazing this year. They're still in hiding, but once they make that all anticipated comeback at WGI San Diego (?), it's going to turn things upside down.

Diamante World has a great show this year as well. Decked out with the same ol' tricks and exchanges from last year that make you jump out of your seat. However, they seemed to turn things up movement wise. I think their show follows a "Lost at Sea/Bermuda Triangle" concept. It's very mysterious with a few great moments such as a unison 10 (?) on rifle that will surely elicit some applause.

Also, I absolutely LOVE Logan's show. It's chic, with a very minimalist essence to it. Weapon execution is great as always. I've seen it live twice, and it just captures me. The tasteful, simple music paired with the sophisticated movement makes me think of a style similar to a Giorgio Armani fashion show or Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada." They have a very surprising flag feature that just hypnotizes you from the moment they pull their flags out from the huge 10 foot poles and present an unexpected, flawless flash of color.

I predict gold. I certainly hope so, at least.

Edited by do.it.up.

where's Fantasia?

Hiding in the RCC Huntley gym tossing weapons into space and catching them between their legs like always. I don't believe they come out of hiding till February 27th. Apparently, they started the season out rough but are just as 'Fantasia' as ever now. Also, it's rumored that Karl Lowe will actually be designing the 2nd half of their show this year. I can't speak of the show theme or music, but I can just say to look out for them!