2010 Connecticut Hurricanes Show Announcement

vbc33

Mike Klesch is a musical genius - he'll figure it out...

Tom, you couldn't be more right about Klesch. His resume speaks for itself. This hornline has REALLY enjoyed being able to play music written by someone with such a prestigious background in drum corps, like Michael Klesch. His excitement for this show just pumps us up even more, and we can't wait to get more music!

Edited by vbc33

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GLAD's got some good stuff. looking forward to what Murph and CJ crank out for this

Agree totally....(I'm a big fan of GLAD) ..sounds like a most excellent show...

Thematically pretty close to what we are doing at Pioneer. I am suprised that Praise His Name Glorious isnt in there as well.

I like it! And yeah Klesch is a genius.

Donny

With such a WIDE variety of gospel music to choose from, I am sure it wasn't easy for the design staff to narrow down, and pinpoint the 5 selections they made. The Hurcs are no rookies to doing a gospel type show either. Some of their most entertaining programs have been pulled from this genre. (1992 sticks out in my mind) With the direction DCA is going nowadays, you don't always hear the "classics" and the well knowns, but a more contemporary, modern sound. Not to say the classics don't work, its just nice to hear a new sound. Enem though Mag 7 doesn't quite fit with the show concept, you can be sure you'll hear it at all of the encore performances we plan on doing this year!

Anxiously awaiting rehearsal...Super Bowl is this sunday? Nope, Hurcs have practice!

Walk Proud

James

Hurcs went out west for two years to search for a championship. Since that didn't work, they've given that up and turned to religion! Praying to God that it's not another 4th place year.

Great show concept that I'm looking forward to. Good Luck!!

With such a WIDE variety of gospel music to choose from, I am sure it wasn't easy for the design staff to narrow down, and pinpoint the 5 selections they made. The Hurcs are no rookies to doing a gospel type show either. Some of their most entertaining programs have been pulled from this genre. (1992 sticks out in my mind) With the direction DCA is going nowadays, you don't always hear the "classics" and the well knowns, but a more contemporary, modern sound. Not to say the classics don't work, its just nice to hear a new sound. Enem though Mag 7 doesn't quite fit with the show concept, you can be sure you'll hear it at all of the encore performances we plan on doing this year!

Anxiously awaiting rehearsal...Super Bowl is this sunday? Nope, Hurcs have practice!

Walk Proud

James

well you've got all day...no snow & the kick-off is 6:30

Thematically pretty close to what we are doing at Pioneer. I am suprised that Praise His Name Glorious isnt in there as well.

Donny

I was just gonna say that recently we've seen a lot of "religious" themed music both in DCI and DCA (Reading last year). It's definitely an interesting idea.

Edited by The Nose

Enem though Mag 7 doesn't quite fit with the show concept, you can be sure you'll hear it at all of the encore performances we plan on doing this year!

Well that's it, season's over, might as well not even go out...

Really?....

Edited by The Nose

Well that's it, season's over, might as well not even go out...

Really?....

Oh please, get over yourself.

That's just pre-season optimism. The Hurricanes know better than anyone that they have to earn their victories. They aren't predicting victories, they're hoping for them, and are going to work for them. They've been through a lot of dissapointment over the years. Before '08 they struggled to make finals. Even in the success they had last year, it ended in a dissapointing 4th place for them. They don't take anything for granted.

So please, get over yourself.

Edited by Phalanx

Donny

It was my good fortune to employ Michael Klesch while corps director of Cru. Not only was he amazing in front of the horn line, he was a pleasure to work with.