forget blu ray

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do understand that the technologies are not mutually exclusive, right?

Your post in the other thread said "skip over blu ray and go to 3D."

skip over, forget, don't use...it's all the same just go to 3D

and store on flash drives, that's the future for video FLASH DRIVES....no sipping, or dropped frames...

your video in your pocket or keychain.

You do understand that the technologies are not mutually exclusive, right?

Your post in the other thread said "skip over blu ray and go to 3D."

So then what media do you suggest the 3D recordings be stored upon? :tongue:

flash drives....

just wait and see, the entire video industry will migrate to flash drives and direct downloads.....

you see it happening with cd's and books, videos are next

So then what media do you suggest the 3D recordings be stored upon? :tongue:
Edited by Suviduvi

3D-TV is the next coming flop AV format. I can smell this a mile away, which reminds me, whatever happened to Smell-O-Vision? You whippersnappers think I am kidding but au contraire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

3D is not going to work in the home until they can find a way to do it in the display without glasses. Many people multitask when they watch TV. They don't want to wear an expensive pair of glasses that make everything else look funny, and they don't want to buy a set of pricey glasses for each viewer. Plus a significant portion of people feel physically ill watching 3D. It's just not going to fly.

3D-TV is the next coming flop AV format. I can smell this a mile away, which reminds me, whatever happened to Smell-O-Vision? You whippersnappers think I am kidding but au contraire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

3D is not going to work in the home until they can find a way to do it in the display without glasses. Many people multitask when they watch TV. They don't want to wear an expensive pair of glasses that make everything else look funny, and they don't want to buy a set of pricey glasses for each viewer. Plus a significant portion of people feel physically ill watching 3D. It's just not going to fly.

3D is not aimed at people who multi-task while watching movies. It is made for those folks who watch the movie, and want to appreciate it in 3D. It is not for everyone, just like Blu ray itself is not for everyone, but it is here now as players and televisions go on sale(players are already on sale), and when Sony waves its magic wand, 15 million plus PS3 will have it in an instant.

3D glasses were meant to be watched with 3D movies, not everything else.

You will find that glasses will will arrive at a variety of costs, not just expensive ones.

As far as people accepting it, people have spent over a billion dollars to see a 3D film WITH glasses, so I do not think your prediction is quite accurate. This is not red/blue 3D, it is the real deal here. For those that feel physically sick watching 3D, they won't buy it. Those like myself that enjoy a 3D presentation, well I am half way there already, and am waiting for 3D sets to hit the market.

As far as the flash drive angle - until you can find a flash drive that can store a 45-50gb movie reliably, it is just a thought. A future thought. For the foreseeable future, 3D on Blu ray is already here.

I brought 20 friends with me to see Pixar's up at the Disney Digital Theater on the Disney lot in Burbank. Of those twenty friends, fully 15 of them were totally interested in getting 3D in their house when it comes to market. When you combine that with the millions of folks that have seen Avatar, the interest is most definitely there.

flash drives....

just wait and see, the entire video industry will migrate to flash drives and direct downloads.....

you see it happening with cd's and books, videos are next

Sorry, but the industry is not headed for direct downloads just yet. There are still too many issues to be worked out among the telecoms and cable companies in terms of bandwidth and download speed that have not been worked out yet.

The move towards portable music has been around since the invention of the Walkman, so we everyone knew eventually it would move to downloads to portable devices. That was a bus we saw coming from a million miles away. The file sizes are relatively small, and easy and quick to download. Books are much the same way, small easy files to download. Video presents a challenge to downloading that has not been easy to solve. HD video is even worse because it requires alot of bandwidth and storage. With the American consumer pushing for ever larger television sets, highly compressed video looks terrible. DVD's on a 50"+ screens shows its warts very easy, and downloads and streaming look a visual mess at times with pixelation, micro blocking, and color banding all over the place(that is if it can get the color right in the first place).

The Consumer Electronic industry is already looking at 4K resolution, and if it comes to fruition, that pushes downloads and flash drives way into the future.