DCI Countdown 2010?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or aleady at move ins

:tongue:

i really prefer a date in april again, because i love how all the college kids from around here get together.

it's much harder, impossible really, when it's in may and they're back at home.

I would agree, that mileage/distance is an issue. I am in LA. We are spolied in terms of how many venues we can choose from here. Within a 30-40 mile radius of where I live, there are usually 4-5 theaters that carry the show every year. I compare this to some people I knew back east, who were driving hours, to see it. Calfiornia had something like 40 theaters overall?? For that, maybe DCI could consider something comparable on the Fan Netowrk, for those that are simply to far away to go to a theater? Maybe even a post theater presentation- one day later on the network?

I'd vote 3 from each decade - 70s, 80s, 90, 00s. No corps on more than once.

again?

again?

honestly...seeing stuff thats only 2 years old is not as fun as seeing stuff from all eras.

I think this year, given that Star is performing at finals week, some old Star should be shown

If its all stuff from this decade, I just wont go. I said last year that i didnt mind the 'new stuff only' format, but that if they made a trend of it, I would be out. I've had bad luck with theatre's having crappy low volume anyway, so im probably better off just watching dvd's on my girls big screen with surround sound....

I'll be attending for sure, its worth it to get some drum corps on a VERY big screen and nice surround sound! (glances at my home theater system, which is kind of lacking :tongue: )