Pirated finals videos

Well if you can tell me where I can buy an audio or video recording of local shows off dci, I'll gladly dish out the money for it

I can't. Just as I can't tell you where to get lots of things you might like that aren't available.

That still doesn't make it right. Offering to buy something that doesn't exist doesn't rationalize an action that is illegal.

Don't professional sports team events also have similar rules? Do people violate those rules? Do the sports teams say it's fine to violate the rules?

Why are we even arguing over something that is illegal, and therefore wrong?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why stop there? Take the towels from the hotel - you paid for the room, didn't you? Why not skip out on the check at dinner. YOUR finals experience deserves an extra t-shirt. Better you spend the cash at the souvie stand than give it to the restaurant. In fact, you bought a ticket to the event. Why not help yourself to anything you see at the DCI booth.

HH

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4020961...+for+the+towels

I took a towel and bought the book.

Even Holiday Inn understood that it was the best marketing gimmick ever.

I'm coming over for finals this year after a 30 year wait. Does everybody expect me to NOT record a view from my finals seat so I can re-live MY finals experience for years to come? ( I wont be recording everybody and wont be sharing/ selling)

Am I allowed to photograph corps on the field, knowing there are companies who sell photos?

Seems like you can record the view from your seat - the back stands, the people around you, the roof, the parking lot. But when the corps takes the field you turn it off. Yep that's what we expect (and, read your ticket, it's what you agree to by attending).

Last I knew still photos are perfectly fine, unless you're one of those numbskulls who thinks using a flash from 50 rows up makes a difference. Then no, you're not allowed to take pics either.

There's very little that can be done to stop murders, so forget about it.

Wow, I love situational ethics.

Situational ethics: Murder is a far more serious problem, so why waste energy policing band kids and parents?

I get so #### irate when I see cops fishing for speeders when there is a child missing or a killer on the loose.

I can't. Just as I can't tell you where to get lots of things you might like that aren't available.

That still doesn't make it right. Offering to buy something that doesn't exist doesn't rationalize an action that is illegal.

Don't professional sports team events also have similar rules? Do people violate those rules? Do the sports teams say it's fine to violate the rules?

Could it be thats it's more about making money than about education and serving the youth ?

I think many people see it that way.

Just saying

Well, I guess that justifies anything, then.

There are plenty of things that are against the law that are completely ridiculous. Some things can be justified.

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it is an awful thing. Hell marijuana has been illegal for years... and now people realize the medical benefits of it... not so bad eh? Of course there are abusers... abusing anything is wrong. If someone records every corps from the 50 at the top of the lower deck, or bottom of the upper deck, then we might have a problem.

There is a difference between murder and illegally recording a drum corps show.

Be careful with broad statements Boo Tiger.

Be careful with broad statements Boo Tiger.

Yes... that was a dangerously broad statement.

Situational ethics: Murder is a far more serious problem, so why waste energy policing band kids and parents?

I get so #### irate when I see cops fishing for speeders when there is a child missing or a killer on the loose.

By your logic, there should be no speeding tickets since there are always children missing and killers on the loose.

Yes, murder is more serious. DCI isn't in the business of preventing murders. That is left to law enforcement.

Again, it's illegal. How can the legality even be justified?

By your logic, there should be no speeding tickets since there are always children missing and killers on the loose.

100%