Pirated finals videos

If it's sold or used as entertainment then beheadings on the spot.

Of course, I'm a fan of public floggings and women who wear a scarlet A :smile:

I'm more in favor of women who wear scarlet bikinis, but that's not the point.

Just how would you patrol and catch a pirated video offender? It would be worldwide in a short time.

If people just drove the speed limit we wouldn't need cops fishing for speeders, and if the same rules applied to recording finals maybe we wouldn't need public floggings.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100%

Then take that up with the State Police and the lawmakers of the states through which you drive. And good luck with that logic if you should ever end up in traffic court for speeding.

Then take that up with the State Police and the lawmakers of the states through which you drive. And good luck with that logic if you should ever end up in traffic court for speeding.

I've been to traffic court plenty of times, but would never use that logic as a defense. I just think police resources could be better utilized. Wrist slap "crimes" like speeding, possession of marijuana for personal use etc. are more about making money for the government than actually looking out for public well being, IMO.

Yes, murder is more serious. DCI isn't in the business of preventing murders.

1) But shouldn't we all ?

2) If DCI was more interested in education and less about business, I'd feel they were still a non profit youth group.

3) Exactly what business is DCI in these days?

4) I keep forgetting that most education is a business

5) Wow, almost 2 hours talking about something besides the Saints...THANK YOU

What you witnessed was illegal and an insult to all the fans who pay for the recordings. And it takes money out of the pockets of the corps.

As someone who works for DCI, I would have no problem confronting him. But I certainly understand the challenge one who doesn't work for DCI would have in confronting him.

So, if I were in the stands at the World Championships and witnessed this happening, I would get up between corps, find an usher/security person and let them know what and where the transgression is taking place.

For anyone who might take an opposing viewpoint, I can only offer the following. It's illegal. Period.

Thank you for bringing this up for for having the conscience you do.

While I love to embrace my being in the aromatic essence of tea, I never did smoke it or anything else. Once, when I was working on my masters in music composition, I was at a party at a professor's house for music students. I opened the door of a room in the basement and three professors were passing around a joint. One of them, who had me in his class, pointed to me and stated, "I want to be where he's at."

Did you call the police when you got home?

2) If DCI was more interested in education and less about business, I'd feel they were still a non profit youth group.

Your welcome! I'm quite surprised, too.

And I still don't know where my d--n seats are! :smile:

Edited by garfield

...Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it is an awful thing.

I'm talking about what is illegal. What we consider due our personal viewpoint to be awful or not does not change the fact that if it's illegal, it's illegal.

"But shouldn't we all?"...what, be murderers? Or "snitches"?

DCI was never interested in education. Their business is to organize and promote a show circuit. They leave education to the corps directors.

I don't ever remember reading that Don Warren and Gayle Royer started the combine because it would be "good for the kids".

Edited by garfield

I have no clue what to think about this.

On one hand, I don't think I'd ever record a drum corps performance.

On the other hand, I've watched and listened to drum corps bootlegs (I have never paid for a bootleg), and I feel I can say with certainty that I would not be as big a drum corps fan if I hadn't had those to fuel my love of the activity. I have bought hundreds of dollars of DVDs and CDs from DCI. I've attended as many shows as I can, and I'm planning on attending many this upcoming season--even if I have to drive hours to see the show. I will probably purchase a Fan Network subscription to view the webcasts. I spend money regularly at souvenir booths. I plan on volunteering with a corps this summer. I consider myself a lifelong fan of the activity. I don't seek out bootlegs any more.

Would I have told the guy off? I truly don't know. Should I feel ashamed about seeking out drum corps bootlegs? I'd like to hear some opinions on that.

I've made myself quite clear and have nothing new to add. Plus, I have projects to get to and I won't get to them while I continue to state that if something is illegal, it's illegal...period.

Please continue the discussion amongst yourselves.