Equipment truck questions....

The band I help teach, is looking to finally buy an equipment truck. We want to get something low to the ground, and I wasn't sure if there was a style name for those. 2 of the corps' I marched, the bottom of the truck was about 2ft off the ground (before the wheels) and the wheels were recessed (I think that's what it's called)

Essentially, I'd love to find something like what we had at Phantom (i know we'll probably have to install doors on the sides and what not)

The band I help teach, is looking to finally buy an equipment truck. We want to get something low to the ground, and I wasn't sure if there was a style name for those. 2 of the corps' I marched, the bottom of the truck was about 2ft off the ground (before the wheels) and the wheels were recessed (I think that's what it's called)

Essentially, I'd love to find something like what we had at Phantom (i know we'll probably have to install doors on the sides and what not)

I'm guessing that you are speaking of a 40' "MOVING VAN" trailer that is low to the ground ? At least the used Uhauls sometimes have low decks.

My band is small so we use the handed down 16' box cab from the football team but I'd rather have a 20' bread truck ( step van) which is lower to the ground. The box is high to begin with but the football team added a raised floor to bring it even further off the ground and all the shelving is built in after the raised floor.

They're also referred to as 'low boy's' in the trucking industry.

Kentucky Low Belly is the slang in the trucking industry. You might think to ask to buy a used rig a few corps come to mind that might be interested in selling their trailers - Southwind and Magic.

Thanks guys, I got in touch with the Scouts this morning, and now I'm waiting on the director for the band I teach to get back with me on it.

Across the freeway (SH 161?) from where Forte has been holding rehearsals Domino's Pizza has a delivery center and they have the 18-wheel trailers similar to the old Phantom equipment truck...you know, two doors on the side? I think PR's had one large door on the opposite side as well...don't know if Dominos' trucks had the one large door or not, but my point is there are obviously trailers with the two side doors similar to PR's old trailer. Just sayin'.