Drum Corps Radio

Has there ever been a Drum Corps Radio station?

Should there be?

I think it would be a great idea.

Diceman

Here ya go... think that is the link I wanted to post. You can stream it live whenever you want. Awesome stuff. Classics and new stuff.

When I was a kid, I used to listen to a drum corps program on an AM radio station in Oswego, NY. It's call letters were "WSGO"

In addition to audio clips of various corps, there was often interviews with various drum corps personalities of the day.

The DJ / moderater was none other than Mr. Tom Peashey, currently a DCA PR man. :thumbup:

Has there ever been a Drum Corps Radio station?

Should there be?

I think it would be a great idea.

In the heydey of Drum Corps in the 60's and 70's there were between a half dozen to a dozen radio stations around various parts of the country where that station would have a half hour to a 2 hour regularly scheduled format devoted to Drum Corps. They might have a Drum Major or Corps Director interviewed for the listeners, discuss upcoming competitions, score and placements, historical Corps discussons, and play on the air about to be released Corps recordings from Fleetwood Records or other labels, and so forth. The shows were awesome if you were a marcher or fan. The shows for a time were commercially successful for the station as it attracted good sized audiences and advertisers for that time frame. But as Corps disbanded, so too did these stations providing Drum Corps radio on the AM dial..........." Dice" does a real service to the activity now with his station playing Drum Corps music with that format.

Edited by BRASSO

In the heydey of Drum Corps in the 60's and 70's there were between a half dozen to a dozen radio stations around various parts of the country where that station would have a half hour to a 2 hour regularly scheduled format devoted to Drum Corps. They might have a Drum Major or Corps Director interviewed for the listeners, discuss upcoming competitions, score and placements, historical Corps discussons, and play on the air about to be released Corps recordings from Fleetwood Records or other labels, and so forth. The shows were awesome if you were a marcher or fan. The shows for a time were commercially successful for the station as it attracted good sized audiences and advertisers for that time frame. But as Corps disbanded, so too did these stations providing Drum Corps radio on the AM dial..........." Dice" does a real service to the activity now with his station playing Drum Corps music with that format.

...one of the iconic *really* old school (even to me!) drill men here in SoCal in the early '60's was Joe O'Day. What a character, and he had a radio show for a few years...I even have recordings of him behind the mike...further motivation to get that stuff on disc! I'm happy for this thread just to get his name out there 'cause he was the real deal out here! :thumbup:

cg