Madison's New Slaughter

I know the piece Slaughter on 10th Avenue pretty well, but after watching their Feb. camp video, the arrangement seems to be a more "swing" approach to the original-which I totally dig.

Just wondering if there is a part to the original I have not heard, or if this is in fact just a really cool arrangement?

By the way, I love that the boys seem to be the only corps putting vid's out of their show-wish more would do the same-although I understand groups not wanting to, I just think it's great, especially since their progressing so nicely.

That section is still in the original, but I think it's a little slower.

* Correction, it's in the original but they definitely took some liberties by making it a "swing" feel. It's pretty close to their past arrangements though.

If anything they're trying to throwback to the 75, 82, and 89 arrangements. Check em out for what they're probably going for.

Here's Gene Kelly and Vera Ellen in an actual production of it:

I think the section you're talking comes in around 2:45

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

I know that only time will tell, but is there anyone else out there who gets a totally different vibe from this year's Madison Corps? Maybe it's the alumnus in me. At any rate, keep up the hard work guys. There are legions of people pulling for you!

I know the piece Slaughter on 10th Avenue pretty well, but after watching their Feb. camp video, the arrangement seems to be a more "swing" approach to the original-which I totally dig.

If you're referring to the Baritone lick with the walking bass line,

that is in the version of Slaughter that we played in 89.

It's also in the 82 version with a great keyboard part as the intro.