Eating off the CookTruck

This.

Also the one time we randomly had Chinese food and a night off

Ahh....the perks of not sucking :lookaround:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a related, but different topic. My wife and I have frequently discussed taking a couple/few weeks off during the summer and touring with a corps to volunteer in the food truck...is that pretty much how it works...?

Just get in contact with the director or volunteer coordinator of the corps with which you'd like to work. If you don't have any previously established relationship with the corps, you'll probably need to have background checks done and submitted to the corps.

Crossmen 08 - Chicken Nugget Ceasar Salad... left over chicken nuggets with ceasar salad (the one good thing to happen on semifinals night)

- during spring training we had BBQ chicken someone donated (like 300 lbs of chicken)

so far at Cadets - Thanksgiving dinner

- chicken wings

Strangely enough, I absolutey hate eating during summer...when it came time to eat, I wasn't hungry at all...almost sick to my stomach. Same thing after shows, I wouldn't eat a grain of rice.

I would go through a whole camp with eating breakfast before the first day, and probably something afterwards. I would drink a lot though.

Don't know why....its weird but hey I can't really control it.

I drank a lot too...

Strangely enough, I absolutey hate eating during summer...when it came time to eat, I wasn't hungry at all...almost sick to my stomach. Same thing after shows, I wouldn't eat a grain of rice.

I would go through a whole camp with eating breakfast before the first day, and probably something afterwards. I would drink a lot though.

Don't know why....its weird but hey I can't really control it.

Tell me about it!

It might be from the heat or something...in winter I'm completely starving before lunch!

I've always been the same way during the summer and drum corps. During the summer I don't get hungry too often, but during the winter it's seems like I'm almost always hungry. It's weird.

:lookaround:

Back when.....we didn't have a cook truck, however when the school had a kitchen we ate pretty well.

Back in 75 the local McDonalds donated 4 cases of quarter pounders and the local Campbells soup plant donated a pick up truck load of "Cream of Mushroom" soup.

We were getting ready to leave and had no means of keeping the hamburger patties cold so it was an "Eat all you can" night. We pretty much nail the hamburger patties whith huge sandwiches, but I would guess that most of those cans of Cream of Mushroom soup are still stored under a bus thats rusting away in high weeds somewhere.

As a marching member, instructor and driver, I was usually the person that had to take the equipment truck to find the local donut shop, place the order the night before and pick them up at the crack of dawn. I loved the expressions on people faces when I ordered 20+ dozen donuts.

One fond memory was in the early 70's, it was cheaper to stay up north for a week ( and have another camp) then to travel all the way back to NOLA for 5 days and head back up north. It was an AL/VFW hall somewhere in the middle of corn fields in Indiana. They had several large BBQ pits as well as a large kitchen that we could use. The whole corps loaded the buses and we went to a grocery store and everyone could buy what they wanted for BBQ if you wanted more than just hot dogs and hamburgers. I remember the meat being cheap so many of us ate steaks for 3 or 4 nights along with baked potatoes. And then there was the bar. Back then the drinking age was 18 and those of us who were of age were allowed to have a few beers. We didn't spend much money since the locals kept buying us beers and enjoyed having us there. Man, those were good times