Best Champion Corps of the Decade!

Best Champion Corps/Show from 2000-2009  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What Championship corps do you think was the best this decade?

• 2000 The Brigadiers - "City Rhythms"
    • 2001 The Brigadiers - "Jazz Street, After Hours"
    • 2002 The Brigadiers - "Picasso Sketchbook"
    • 2003 Caballeros - "El Toro Nuevo"
    • 2004 Empire Statesmen - "Go Hollywood!"
    • 2005 Buccaneers - "Variations in B"
    • 2006 Buccaneers - "Exotic Impressions"
    • 2007 Buccaneers - "Blue Era"
    • 2008 Buccaneers - "The Pursuit of Joy"
    • 2009 Buccaneers - "Demons and Angels"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The toughest choice of all, being as they are all champions afterall.

Brigs of the early 2000's were probably every bit as good as the Bucs of the later years, but memory tends to favour the most recent events. Except when us old pharts have perfect recall for a corps of the '60's or '70's who of course were way better than anything today!! (NOT).

So, as good as those Brigs corps were, I have to go with Bucs 2008. The hornline was amazing from Wildwood in June right through to DCA weekend. Plus I'm a big fan of Classical and loved the musical selections.

Jeff,

I couldn't agree more. I thought both of these shows were the best the Bucs have done.

The ride in 05 after 25 years was amazing. The emotion of 2009 was heart wrenching but the members really stuck together for a fabulous performance.

However, I do like 07 and 08 as well. 2006 was good but not one of my favorites.

Just so everyone is clear, these are my opinions and do not represent the official opinion of Reading Buccaneers.

Lois, not like we've ever disagreed before :lookaround: , but the 3 in between were all great...but every year there just one little thing that held them back, whereas 09 and 05, the whole corps, every section, were just monsters

Lois, not like we've ever disagreed before :lookaround: , but the 3 in between were all great...but every year there just one little thing that held them back, whereas 09 and 05, the whole corps, every section, were just monsters

The drumline was absolutely RIDICULOUS in 09, those tenors were smokin...but I would take 2002 Brigs hornline over them anyday. Although I guess the 09 Bucs is better...cleaner visual program, stronger drumline. It all fits.

All of them are great shows, no matter.

My rooting interests are the Hurcs and the Cabs, so I wanted to vote for the 2003 Cabs, but I went with 2009 Bucs. Best I've seen.

Thanks for putting up these polls. Helped remind me that there were so many great corps and great shows this decade. Just when you think the bar can't get raised any higher, somehow it does, year after year. Such quality!

Sure thing... I was also trying to create a little action on DCP. It was getting quiet.

Sure thing... I was also trying to create a little action on DCP. It was getting quiet.

Next series of threads for BOSMarcher....best corps of the 90's...lets keep going back decade after decade.

Next series of threads for BOSMarcher....best corps of the 90's...lets keep going back decade after decade.

not a bad idea. I know which year i'll be on the losing end of :lookaround: