What if this were to happen?

add a fans vote trophy along with the world championships trophy  

70 members have voted

1. 1. crowd vote?

• Add a crowd vote to their favorite and a corps recieves that trophy, completely seperate from the DCI World Champions trophy?
    • Or keep it the same with just the judges

So I was thinking of this, what if the fans at DCI finals (ive never been just clearing that up) were able to somehow vote for their favorite after all the shows, like scanning their ticket and punching an electronic button to vote for their favorite, and before they do all of the presentations of the scores and places, they could hand the crowd favorite trophy to whatever corps the crowd selects. thats what the above poll is about, either that or keep it how it is. Anyways I was just thinking that since everything is changing with all of those electronics and what not maybe that could be an option, it may cause more people to try to come to finals and all? feel free to debate just dont flame the mess outta me. :worthy: <--- flame suit

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was thinking of this, what if the fans at DCI finals (ive never been just clearing that up) were able to somehow vote for their favorite after all the shows, like scanning their ticket and punching an electronic button to vote for their favorite, and before they do all of the presentations of the scores and places, they could hand the crowd favorite trophy to whatever corps the crowd selects. thats what the above poll is about, either that or keep it how it is. Anyways I was just thinking that since everything is changing with all of those electronics and what not maybe that could be an option, it may cause more people to try to come to finals and all? feel free to debate just dont flame the mess outta me. :worthy: <--- flame suit

They did have a fan choice award at the 2009 world championships. Crown won by an internet vote via the Fan Network. Who knows if they will repeat this though.

I suspect there's a chance that such an audience award could be perceived by some as a slap in the face of the corps that wins, that it might say to some of the marchers that they weren't favored by the crowd.

The audience votes with their clapping and with their pocketbook at the souvenir stands.

But who knows what the future holds. Ultimately, it's all up to the directors and other members of the Board of Directors.

And then there's the Spirit of Disney Award.

I suspect there's a chance that such an audience award could be perceived by some as a slap in the face of the corps that wins, that it might say to some of the marchers that they weren't favored by the crowd.

The audience votes with their clapping and with their pocketbook at the souvenir stands.

But who knows what the future holds. Ultimately, it's all up to the directors and other members of the Board of Directors.

And then there's the Spirit of Disney Award.

Spirit of Disney award?

Crown would win it a lot, and it would be mostly dumb (not that those two are causally linked)

But I mean its the fan award of people who are present, it should just be something for a corps that doesnt rank very high to get, cause I mean corps will have som fans come to make sure they win, and in my view the DCI world chapions is the big thing you actually aim for, though I can see the evils in that crowd award

But I mean its the fan award of people who are present, it should just be something for a corps that doesnt rank very high to get, cause I mean corps will have som fans come to make sure they win, and in my view the DCI world chapions is the big thing you actually aim for, though I can see the evils in that crowd award

if someone who doesn't win wants a trophy, they can make their own.

well... really all im going to say is that im lazy and i would rather not vote for that the "best" for the season... (which is the reason why we have the countdown) but i like your idea!! i guess its also because i would vote for the cavies every year!!!

if someone who doesn't win wants a trophy, they can make their own.

Even better, their mom can make em one.....