Circular breathing...

sburstall

I heard Bill Watrous do it live several times back in the '70's (he and his big band recordings were all the rage at the time), but he said he hadn't done it on his records (although he did do "multiphonics"). Come to think of it, I saw Raphael Mendez live in the early '70's, but I don't remember him doing it in the clinic. It's really not very hard to do, nor is it very useful.

Edited by Jim Clark

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend told me to try circular breathing by using a cup full of water and making bubbles with a straw..then when you are about to run out, puff your cheeks with air thats left and take breath in...it kinda helps..

I've been working on it. And last year's contra line all learned how. To me it was never much more than a parlor trick. Neat to be able to do, but not absolutely needed.

You might be able to do it once or twice on Contra ,but after that Im ready to pass out.

My girlfriend says that people who play the Didgery-doo (yeah I know ...) circular breath exclusively.

I'm going to get down to the Austrailian store in Laguna Beach and see when the next didjeridu concert is. The last one I saw was pretty awesome!

:mmm:

How do you it??

I just wanted to mention that Sinatra in an interview once said that that's how he sang, taught by a horn player, a jazz great. Unfortunately I cannot remember right now who it is. It was also mentioned in his biography....

It seems so impossible to me, I guess because I don't understand breathing, etc. I hope Yoga will help that!

I never knew it had a name, of course I'm not a horn player, but I found the title of the thread interesting and thought I'd mention Old Blue Eyes....

:wall::wacko:

I've been working on it. And last year's contra line all learned how. To me it was never much more than a parlor trick. Neat to be able to do, but not absolutely needed.

You might be able to do it once or twice on Contra ,but after that Im ready to pass out.

My girlfriend says that people who play the Didgery-doo (yeah I know ...) circular breath exclusively.

The contra line That Phirefenix was talking about their section leader could circular breath for a pretty long time.

I could never do it, untill I started reading this topic. So I agree with the water trick...hahah