Sad News - Paul Neiss Sr. Passes

I am so sorry to hear about this...Paul was absolutely one of my favourite people during my time with MSJ. He had a story for every occasion, drum corps related or not. He could render us senseless with laughter with his razor sharp wit. He would often have DCI and DCA corps standing next to us on retreat shaking with laughter at his "not so quiet" comments. Paul had an extensive Canadian connection too...he taught quite a bit on our side of the Niagara River and touched the hearts of a lot of kids in Ontario who were the beneficiaries of his knowledge and experience. We will really miss him...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only knew Paul briefly during my time with St Joe's but this is still very sad news.

One of the best things about the rise of Alumni corps over the last 15-20 yrs is that you get to meet "icons" of our activity. People you heard about, but never really knew. Paul was one of those people and I'm glad I had the privilege of spending at least a little "pub" time with him. He was one half of the dynamic duo with Ace on our St Joe's trips.

This is extremely sad news,,,, Paul Sr was a true Drum and Bugle Corps man. For anyone that had ever met Paul, he simply oozed Drum Corps. I'm sure he had the sound of a kick ### horn line in his head every second of the day. His wit was un stoppable! Any time I ever think of Paul Sr,, it brings a huge smile to my face. The stories are endless,, all of them are about enjoying the lives we had in Drum Corps. I was truly blessed with having met and able to tip a few beers with this icon of a man.

Having marched many years with Paul Jr, my deepest sympathy goes out to him and his family.

he was a great man. all rochester people know who he was. he will be missed......RIP. :tongue:

Paul Sr. taught drill for the Thunderbirds in the early 70's,....................Paul Jr. played in the drummline those years,.....................I was just a kid at that time,................but did have the pleasure of meeting him many times in later years,..................

We will al miss you.

Paul Sr taught his share of kids how to do drum corps...condolences to Pauly Jr and Family...

Donny

I've had the pleasure of knowing Paul for many years through the St. Joe's organization. He always offered the very best guidance, expressed of course

as only he could!

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard after seeing Paul's "Fred Astaire impression."

He will be sorely missed. Many condolences to the Neiss family.

I had the pleasure of marching with Paul Sr. in the cymbal line with the Rochester Crusaders in the 80's and he always made me laugh. That season was the best for me and I will always treasure it. God Bless you Paul and condolences and my prayers to your family.

Keep your shorts up Paul!!! Love ya Debbie