Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps

I was at Pioneer's last block of rehearsal last night........This corps has brought this show to the table this year!! By far the best Pioneer show both drill and musically I think I have ever seen from this corps!!

They were doing full run-throughs and starting to clean already. 50+ horns and they can play(the last few spots are going to be filled Sunday they propably won't march in the first few shows until they work them in). The Guard can still use a few members (there are suppose to be more coming Sunday as well), although I have to say with the number they have they are very good. Drum line looks full and the drum solo is awesome. The drill has so many incredible features in it......best drill I have seen out of this corps in a long time.

Talking to the kids and overhearing them, they are really excited about this year and are really enjoying marching and playing this show (maybe them getting away from all the Irish is doing something)! I overheard one kid say "Our opener is so awesome I want to play it all day long!"

This is not a bunch of DCP ramble-on false hype, I am really impressed with this corps so far, they are leaps and bounds beyond where they have been in previous years at this time. There is so much energy and excitement coming from these kids that I haven't seen before! This is going to be a great show both visually and musically...........watch-out drum corps Pioneer is bringing it this year!!!!

Quoting thirdcoast:

Make his Praise Glorious.........I cant wait to hear it agian on the field..................This in my opionion will be your make or brake song.......I hope they both blow me away. GO PIONEER!
I don't think you will be dissapointed!

GO PIONEER!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Pioneer's last block of rehearsal last night........This corps has brought this show to the table this year!! By far the best Pioneer show both drill and musically I think I have ever seen from this corps!!

They were doing full run-throughs and starting to clean already. 50+ horns and they can play(the last few spots are going to be filled Sunday they propably won't march in the first few shows until they work them in). The Guard can still use a few members (there are suppose to be more coming Sunday as well), although I have to say with the number they have they are very good. Drum line looks full and the drum solo is awesome. The drill has so many incredible features in it......best drill I have seen out of this corps in a long time.

Talking to the kids and overhearing them, they are really excited about this year and are really enjoying marching and playing this show (maybe them getting away from all the Irish is doing something)! I overheard one kid say "Our opener is so awesome I want to play it all day long!"

This is not a bunch of DCP ramble-on false hype, I am really impressed with this corps so far, they are leaps and bounds beyond where they have been in previous years at this time. There is so much energy and excitement coming from these kids that I haven't seen before! This is going to be a great show both visually and musically...........watch-out drum corps Pioneer is bringing it this year!!!!

Quoting thirdcoast:

GO PIONEER!!

Being an Alumni of the corps, I am glad to hear they are doing very well and I am excited to see them when they come to MN for a few shows!!! I hope this is a sign to come for the future and they can compete for semi's each year and hopefully push some corps to make finals!!! Good luck Pio and BETTER EVERY DAY is something I know they strive for!!

Quoting thirdcoast:

GO PIONEER!!

Shouldn't all this pre-season hype go under the heading of a press release? I recall you making some similar observations last year around this time. Casual observer or staff member? Which is it?

Shouldn't all this pre-season hype go under the heading of a press release? I recall you making some similar observations last year around this time. Casual observer or staff member? Which is it?

I guess we will have to wait and see. I was at all the winter camps but one and I can tell you they have lots of very talented kids in the hornline and drumline. Kids that could easily get spots in top 12 corps. I admire these kids because they are staying at Pioneer because they believe in Pio and what the corps stands for. Best of luck to Pioneer you guys are awesome no matter where you place !!

Press release?! You can recall this drum corps fan making similar "observations" last year at this time? Wow! You have a tremendous memory. I'm on this forum everyday and couldn't remember one thing a person has posted. I happen to know that the person who posted what he "saw" is not a staff member, but an alumn of a World Champion Corps and someone who gives credit when deserved to all the corps.

I too, have had the opportunity to see what Pioneer is putting on the field this year and agree with everything he says. I am guessing you never marched......or you wouldn't be so negative. These kids bust their butts to put on the best show possible......anyone that knows anything about drum corps knows this. So, I hope we can go through the summer reading positive things about all the corps and leave the negative in the minds of the ignorant!

Pioneer - I wish you all the best!

It amazes me that some people can be so negative. I don't give a darn if someone hypes a corps. Big deal. I'm really excited to see Pioneer this Summer.

If you don't like what someone has to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Cheers to Pioneer!