Brigadiers 2010 Announcement

So so sad about this news, and also feeling a bit guilty. Who else but Brigs former members will save the corps? We all have good reasons to not march - hell, I had 2 kids in 2 years, which is why I wasn't there the past few years!

But now it's time to repay all that the organization did for us, and get back there to bring out an amazing corps next year! I'll be there - who else is with me???

I'll be there after I age out from Regiment in 2011.

SUTA to you, always good to see another Regiment/Brigs family member.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a few of us.

Regiment 1994

Brigs 1999 - 2001, 2003

This does suck.....

Let me ask a real dumb question. Why can't Brigs field a Class A corps? ( or Rochester Cru) Better to field a smaller corps than no corps in my opinion.

Or how about combine corps. Could end up with neither coming back if this continues. I don't think all members will wait and see, probably jump to other corps and that would spell the end.

To go from Open class to mini corps doesn't seem like the answer.

Sad news. I'm sure Don Wahl is looking down with a tear in his eye...

Don did a lot for the Brigs. I'm hoping he's looking down from above and preparing to send his blessings for and outstanding 2011 come back! 1...2...3 BRIGS! :tongue:

SUTA - definetly glad to see another Brigs/PR alum. Have a great season - I may see you, as I'm hoping to volunteer for a few days!

Mary

I don't think the Westshoremen have done well with that idea.

let's not compare Westshore to the Brigs. For starters two totally different situations, and 10 years apart to boot.

While a proud Westshore alum, the Brigs management team in place is much better suited to get the corps back on the field next year than Westshore had in 1998-1999.

I have every confidence brigs will be able to get back out there, and I never had confidence Westshore would ever do it, unless powerball was won and certain people came on board.

The Brigs IMO are doing the right thing for this year, and we'll see them back soon.

So sorry to hear the news. Unfortunately it seems that Drum Corps is suffering from this economy. Unless each corps has a piggy bank filled with money we may see more and more of these unfortunately... I wish the Brigs well and hope for a speedy return.

This does suck.....

Let me ask a real dumb question. Why can't Brigs field a Class A corps? ( or Rochester Cru) Better to field a smaller corps than no corps in my opinion.

Or how about combine corps. Could end up with neither coming back if this continues. I don't think all members will wait and see, probably jump to other corps and that would spell the end.

To go from Open class to mini corps doesn't seem like the answer.

I don't have any inside information to share but like a lot of folks I wonder what the answer is to this question.

It makes perfect sense for the strength of the organization. They stand a very good chance of being CLASS A Champion. Class A champion has a nice ring to it while 6th,7th or 8th place smacks as not being good enough to roll with the big boys.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards. Seems like moving all the way down to mini corps seems a bit over kill when there is the potential to win a CHAMPIONSHIP

All the best to them regardless of where they land.