Phillip Glass Music in Corps

Phillip Glass Music Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like his work and/or would you like your Corps to play some of his music if they aren't already?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

loved phantom 07 and looking forward to it this year from the Glassmen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does depend on the piece. But I think some of his peices can be great for drum corps. I can think of one corps thats doing philip glass this year. Isn't it Blue Stars?

I agree. It does depend on the piece and the arrangement. From what I could tell at the February Camp, the Blue Stars are using music by Glass for the first 1/2 of their show. Their ballad is not Glass. I haven't heard their closer yet. The first 2 mvmts of their show are powerful. I am excited to see and hear how they portray Houdini on the field! To me, the ominous and mysterious nature of Philip Glass music fits well with the live of Houdini. I guess we will wait and see.

It does depend on the piece. But I think some of his peices can be great for drum corps. I can think of one corps thats doing philip glass this year. Isn't it Blue Stars?

you are correct

any other opinions?

Then, of course, there is my all time favorite knock knock joke (trust me...it's not off topic...):

Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? (repeat 30 + more times...)

(answer): Philip Glass

Then, of course, there is my all time favorite knock knock joke (trust me...it's not off topic...):

Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? Knock Knock...who's there? (repeat 30 + more times...)

:tongue:

not sure if i get the joke :laughing:

Very clever...