Phillip Glass Music in Corps

Phillip Glass Music Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like his work and/or would you like your Corps to play some of his music if they aren't already?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

Cap Reg did Serra Pelada as their closer in 2006. It was excellent, and closed out a good show for them. I doubt most listening to it would have realized they were hearing a Glass piece.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes. There's a lot of Glass that wouldn't work, but I enjoyed the heck out of PR's 1,000 Airplanes.

I'd like to hear a translation of Meetings Along the Edge for the football field:

Meetings Along the Edge

And for those amplified voice aficionados, there's always Einstein on the Beach. :laughing:

Check out Esperanza in 2006.

Phillip Glass Music in Corps, Like or Dislike?

MOAR!!

[/trolling]

p.s. sweet! new radio buttons for the polls

Edited by Slides of Mass Destruction

That sounds like a better answer to me. :laughing:

/big Adams fan

knock knock...who's...knock...who's...knock, knock, knock, who's.....who's, knock, there, knock, who's there, knock, knock, Adams, who's....there, knock....knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, who's, there...John...who's knock....John Adams....who's there....knock, knock, knock, who's, there....knock....John....whose there....knock, knock, knock, there, John....John Adams.

knock knock...who's...knock...who's...knock, knock, knock, who's.....who's, knock, there, knock, who's there, knock, knock, Adams, who's....there, knock....knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, who's, there...John...who's knock....John Adams....who's there....knock, knock, knock, who's, there....knock....John....whose there....knock, knock, knock, there, John....John Adams.

WIN!!!!!! (also a big Adams fan here)

:tongue::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::laughing:

I'd like to hear a translation of Meetings Along the Edge for the football field.

It's happening this summer. Mandarins' opener is Meetings Along the Edge.

Oh.....VERY BIG LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only two that I can think of are 1000 Airplanes on the Roof and The Canyon, both of which are very, very similar. I liked these, but I haven't heard much else of his work, so I can't decide.