SDCA East first two members

SDCA East is getting a little closer. The Capital Brass from Albany NY was the first to join the SDCA East region followed by the Sounds of Philadelphia.

Tom MacDonald from Capital Brass will be doing the preliminary leg work to see if this region will actually come to fruition.

SDCA East is getting a little closer. The Capital Brass from Albany NY was the first to join the SDCA East region followed by the Sounds of Philadelphia.

Tom MacDonald from Capital Brass will be doing the preliminary leg work to see if this region will actually come to fruition.

With Tom M. doing the leg work I expect these boards will be "Lighting Up" in short order. He knows how to "Get Er Done" :tongue:

Will "SCDA East" be doing things the "Arena Corps" way? A wide Variety of things. ( I Like )

OR,

Will it be more like the show DCA Mini Corps contest way. Mostly, "20 Brass and a Drumset Ensemble" type thing. 21 Max etc. I know it is Great, High Quality, Outstanding and all.

(But, " I " do not like as well )

Edited by OldStyleCorps

Will "SCDA East" be doing things the "Arena Corps" way? A wide Varity of things. ( I Like )

OR,

Will it be the just more like the show DCA Mini Corps contest way. Mostly, "20 Brass and a Drumset Ensemble" type thing. 21 Max etc. (I do not like as well as "Arena Corps".)

Last I heard it explained to me, anything out of the norm is welcome as long as there's advanced interest or activity in that particular genre--for neato bosso drum lines to compete there needs to be maybe at least 5 or 6 units to make it a party. Not just one drum line. My guess is that if there's enough oddball corps going on then they should pull together to make a sub-circuit and SDCA would and should let you compete. I bet there's enough oddballs out there.....

I bet there's enough oddballs out there.....
Edited by Borg Bari

It appears that SDCA does try to accomodate all types of corps ensembles; in an entertaining show package that is relatively feasable for most organizations to put together and sell to their communities.

To clarify my understanding of what is happening with SDCA East:

SDCA is exploring the possibility of extending it's successful formula to the Eastern U.S. What we have agreed to do, is to gauge and organize interest in participating and in running SDCA shows out here; to help get the ball rolling.

Kevin Serfass, Andrew Bisnett and I will be working together to identify corps' who wish to join SDCA, and also to find the first Eastern show sponsors.

At this point, Sounds of Philidelphia, Windsor Regiment and Capital Brass! have all committed to join.

I will be meeting with Chris Ferrara of SDCA very soon; to get a better handle on what they expect and how they will help to bring SDCA to the East. Interested corps and sponsors can contact any of us for info.

You can also take part in the discussion about SDCA East and SDCA in general, on the new SDCA Facebook Page: SDCA on Facebook

Edited by capitalbrass

Here's what we need to do, to get the ball rolling...

First , we need 12-15 corps' to step up and commit to participate, should SDCA become vialble here. There is info on their website, which decribes their mission and the types of performances and ensembles they are promoting (see Overview and Guidelines): SDCA

I suggest that interested corps take a look at this info first, and then contact me, or the Circuit if you are interested in joining. By having corps (with serious interest) step up and join, we can give SDCA a true sense of interest before going forward.

The circuit is open to all types of corps ensembles. The shows are promoted as low-cost affairs, with ticket proceeds shared among the participants. I can forward more details to those who are interested, or you can contact SDCA directly, with any questions, through their website.

Once we have sufficient corps interest, they will send a representative out here for a meeting , to discuss moving this further along.

These corps have stepped up and joined SDCA, to demonstrate their serious interest in participating in an Eastern division:

Sounds of Philidelphia

Windsor Regiment

Capital Brass!

There have been quite a few others who have expressed strong interest.

There is information on the SDCA site, re: Guidelines and Hosting of Shows. And you can contact SDCA, or one of our Eastern team members, if you have any questions.

There is NO charge to become a member, at this point. And, if you have serious interest, it's a good way of making that clear to SDCA, and to other corps' who may be interested.

Edited by capitalbrass

These corps have stepped up and joined SDCA, to demonstrate their serious interest in participating in an Eastern division:

Sounds of Philidelphia

Windsor Regiment

Capital Brass!

Several others have expressed interest.

The first step is to assemble enough corps' with serious interest, to demonstrate that we could have a circuit out here.

This process will take a few months to get organized, and it doesn't get any real traction until we have a commited group of corps'. If you are interested, please don't wait for someone esle to do this for you. Or it won't happen.

ALL types of drum corps ensembles are welcome. Some corps' in SDCA do a "field show", down-sized to fit a basketball court. But, others include Mini-corps, Standstill Alumni Corps', Parade Corps, Drum Lines and more.

There is information on the SDCA site. Please take a look at: "Overview" and "Guidelines" and also the SDCA Blog. There is a lot of info here. And, you can contact SDCA, or one of our Eastern team members, if you have any questions.

If you have serious interest, please JOIN SDCA, by submitting the application on the Home Page of the website. (click on "all corps are invited to join). There is NO cost to join at this time. SDCA Website: SDCA

SDCA has already gone thru the painful process of developing, testing and tweaking this idea. And they are enjoying success with it right now.

If you want this out East, it's necessary to step up and be counted while the opportunity is there.

Edited by capitalbrass