IA Predictions

I predict upsets similar to last year!

Anyone care to start the speculations on top 15 IA guards?

At this point I don't feel that there is any guard that is a clear cut favorite for anything. Only guards that possibly have better odds are anyone that has won a regional, (but that is not always the case either). I bet with the scoring problems from this year that there are guards that will pass the" favorites" up once semifinals conclude. The fact is, there is no guards this year that has been able to solidify the so called " top 15" . So I tend to side with ATX.....I think there will be alot of upsets this year. Once everyone is on the same playing field things will be different.

Boy IMO was CVP right for pulling out of Orlando IA scores and a few other classes were so weird in A ....Medea deserved higher with Fahrenheit A a close 2nd. CVP took their score from Atlanta and ran with it..lol..I cant blame them They may have been knocked of the ranking if they went.. Crazy things seem to always happen at that regional. Even Flannagan couldnt break that 88 hold there......

I dont think this site (guard buzz) is the right answer to anyones questions. Even though it sparks alot of curiousity, guards should not feel that are only worth 1.5 pts a week anymore. We all have seen in IA this year guards scores change in one day regionals upwards to 3 pts. Take Delazure for instance, they were ranked somewhere in the 30's last week. After a strong showing in last weeks South Brunswick Regional they are now ranked 13th. So nevertheless, if these rankings hold true, guards that have taken early regionals this year will not stand a chance? I feel judges should throw out any sort of ranking system and do their job. Too much time is put into many great shows by the kids and instructors for some guy or girl to give an opinion someone else gave two or three weeks ago. I know this my sound like blastfamine to some......but it think it may be true.

Moral of my story I think everyone has a shot

I dont think this site (guard buzz) is the right answer to anyones questions. Even though it sparks alot of curiousity, guards should not feel that are only worth 1.5 pts a week anymore. We all have seen in IA this year guards scores change in one day regionals upwards to 3 pts. Take Delazure for instance, they were ranked somewhere in the 30's last week. After a strong showing in last weeks South Brunswick Regional they are now ranked 13th. So nevertheless, if these rankings hold true, guards that have taken early regionals this year will not stand a chance? I feel judges should throw out any sort of ranking system and do their job. Too much time is put into many great shows by the kids and instructors for some guy or girl to give an opinion someone else gave two or three weeks ago. I know this my sound like blastfamine to some......but it think it may be true.

Moral of my story I think everyone has a shot

....ummm...I just use that so that I can see how I'm ranked against other IA guards...just cuz it says I'm a certain number doesn't mean that I live my life to it and expect it to stay the same way until finals night....I just like to see how my scores are ranked against other guards scores...and YES....I KNOW....you can't ACCURATELY do that if you're not all at the same show with all of the same judges...

....ummm...I just use that so that I can see how I'm ranked against other IA guards...just cuz it says I'm a certain number doesn't mean that I live my life to it and expect it to stay the same way until finals night....I just like to see how my scores are ranked against other guards scores...and YES....I KNOW....you can't ACCURATELY do that if you're not all at the same show with all of the same judges...

Well good luck with that then!!!

well if it's good enough for the WGI judging community it's good enough for me! :laughing: