DCI Trivia Game

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Crossmen's white bells were in 1989. In 1982, they had chrome horns with the bells de-lacquered to expose the brass underneath.

(I'll be offline for awhile, so mobrien can ask the next question too.)

Correct on the salient points (though the brass bells first appeared in '81, they were there in '82 too).

Ok....hm. Ok, how bout this one. Multi-part question.

1 - Pearl drums first appeared in a DCI finals what year, and with what corps(s)?

2 - Yamaha drums first appeared in a DCI finals what year, and with what corps(?)

3 - (and the most difficult) The last DCI Finalist to carry Rogers drums was who?

Bang on, Mr Avery. Nicely done

(I don't remember for sure, but Blue Stars MAY have had Slingerland's clear TDR's that year - if so, they still wouldn't have counted, since they weren't the one, the true, Vistalites! :worthy: )

In '74 Stars had chrome with red lug twine--someone just sent me facebook pics of '74 Trooper show and that's what they were carrying...

Correct on the salient points (though the brass bells first appeared in '81, they were there in '82 too).

Ok....hm. Ok, how bout this one. Multi-part question.

1 - Pearl drums first appeared in a DCI finals what year, and with what corps(s)?

2 - Yamaha drums first appeared in a DCI finals what year, and with what corps(?)

3 - (and the most difficult) The last DCI Finalist to carry Rogers drums was who?

Can't I just give the corps?

#1 Cavies 1982

#2 Madison 1984

#3 None (I have no idea)

1 - Yes it was Cavaliers, but it was 81. Close enough. :worthy:

2 - Yes, Madison, but it was '85. Also close enough.

3 - I'll give you the year, and let you think about it from there. Someone was carrying Rogers tenors in '79.

3 - I'll give you the year, and let you think about it from there. Someone was carrying Rogers tenors in '79.

27th

Not the Guardsmen?

VK