Buglers Hall of Fame

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words Ray, really!!!

But we were scored too high IMHO....

We did have a good show, but not good enough to earn those scores.

And Cheez......BACK OFF!!!!! :laughing:

OK, so let me see if I've got this straight - you're saying you were HIGH during the show? Is that it?

Now, do you mean the soloists or the whole corps?

will you submit to the random testing policy between now and DCA?

or maybe you're saying the judges were high for not giving you those other 5 points?

I suspected that Cakes might have been high during the show, but I never suspected you guys...

We originaly had plans to compete in the Mini-corps caption in both Boston and Bridgeport. We learned a completely new Mini-corps show, in February, which we performed at Auburn. But, we're a small group. And among others, our lead trumpet, drummer and 2nd bari all had conflicts for both dates.

This is why we put together 3 brass ensemble entires instead, with small-group arrangements we could cover with one bari and no drums. If we were down to a trio, it would have been disfferent pieces, I guess.

So let me see if I'm reading this correctly: besides "waaaaaa" I get that seeing Ponzo and his Eagles turned you guys a little bit chicken. Is that about it?

Just wondering.

:laughing:

So let me see if I'm reading this correctly: besides "waaaaaa" I get that seeing Ponzo and his Eagles turned you guys a little bit chicken. Is that about it?

Just wondering.

:laughing:

Wow. Where does THAT come from? There was no whinning there, or excuses either.

I was just responding to Frank's comment that he wished we had competed in mini-corps, with an explanation of why we didn't.

We had 7 players, including no drummer. So, we had no "mini-corps" to present. And our mini-corps show was written for 4 trumpet parts, 2 baritones and a drummer , which we couldn't cover. Besides , the mini-corps minmum size, according the the BHoF rules, is 11 players.

We've been supporting this show from the very beginning, and didn't want to miss it for lack of players. So, I don't know why you would call us chicken. We worked hard to produce 8 entires for the show, in the most presentable way we could, with the players available that day.

Edited by capitalbrass

I think Ray was just having a little fun with you. Everyone on here knows that CB has done more than their share in support of our activity.

Now if you want to talk about the uniforms you stole from us, that's a different story!

Paul

I was just responding to Frank's comment that he wished we had competed in mini-corps, with an explanation of why we didn't.

We had 7 players, including no drummer. So, we had no "mini-corps" to present. And our mini-corps show was written for 4 trumpet parts, 2 baritones and a drummer , which we couldn't cover. Besides , the mini-corps minmum size, according the the BHoF rules, is 11 players.

We've been supporting this show from the very beginning, and didn't want to miss it for lack of players. So, I don't know why you would call us chicken. We worked hard to produce 8 entires for the show, in the most presentable way we could, with the players available that day.

Edited by pmaustin

CB - just stirring the pot - I watched your ensembles and thought they were great.

I'm just trying to get people throwing stuff...

Please extend my abject apologies not only to your corps but to everyone who lives within 150 mi of your practice center.

I thought you guys rocked and can't wait to see your mini-corps.

I was actually mainly razzing my old friend Frank Ponzo about scoring a 750 out of 200.

Should never have involved innocent by-standers though.

Hey Ray,

Let me see if I got this right here now anyway.....Erie opens a can of worms....Ray backs down from his CB smash..... Mass Brass would like to see you @ a show in May and everyone here on this topic thinks Ponzo/judges scored....

Do I have it right .?.?.? Just my $.02 worth....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

John G

CAN - O - WORMS....... is now.....OFFICIALLY OPEN! :laughing:

And of course, a BIG congratulations to all 2010 inductees! Is anyone going to post a play by play?

Joey

Hey Ray,

Let me see if I got this right here now anyway.....Erie opens a can of worms....Ray backs down from his CB smash..... Mass Brass would like to see you @ a show in May and everyone here on this topic thinks Ponzo/judges scored....

Do I have it right .?.?.? Just my $.02 worth....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

John G

OK, I can only speak to the Ray backing down part - yes it's true... I did it and I'm not ashamed to say it... okay maybe a little bit. What you guys don't know is that I had already had an IM discussion with CB about how great I thought the brass ensembles were, so I thought we were, I don't know, tight?

So I stepped across the line. There. I've said it. I'm suspending myself from DCP for a period of one week, starting right now.

I'll miss you guys...

OK, I can only speak to the Ray backing down part - yes it's true... I did it and I'm not ashamed to say it... okay maybe a little bit. What you guys don't know is that I had already had an IM discussion with CB about how great I thought the brass ensembles were, so I thought we were, I don't know, tight?

So I stepped across the line. There. I've said it. I'm suspending myself from DCP for a period of one week, starting right now.

I'll miss you guys...

No prob, Ray.

I get it.