Prime Time Brass

Well I just got back home from my annual Spring Preview Stage show that we put on with the band I direct. Unfortunately this year the economy struck hard so we were only able to get Prime Time Brass to perform besides my marching band. I asked the guys to play for a while and they did just that, they put on an hour and a half show. These Guys Rocked the place.

That's not what was classy or impressive on their part. At the end of their show they always do a patriotic ending. They added a special twist to it. They do a medley of service songs as part of their closer and during this they asked for the service men and women who have served or know someone who has or is serving to stand when they play their department of the services medley. This was awesome and I was choked up watching the people stand when they did this. The class they portrayed while doing this was awesome.

They did not need to do this to sell the crowd, believe me they did that an hour and 15 minutes prior when they started their PTB NOLA set of music.

Way to go guys, I can never thank you enough!

Prime Time Brass always puts on a tremendous performance for the crowd. A class act by a great bunch of people. :tongue:

Well I just got back home from my annual Spring Preview Stage show that we put on with the band I direct. Unfortunately this year the economy struck hard so we were only able to get Prime Time Brass to perform besides my marching band. I asked the guys to play for a while and they did just that, they put on an hour and a half show. These Guys Rocked the place.

That's not what was classy or impressive on their part. At the end of their show they always do a patriotic ending. They added a special twist to it. They do a medley of service songs as part of their closer and during this they asked for the service men and women who have served or know someone who has or is serving to stand when they play their department of the services medley. This was awesome and I was choked up watching the people stand when they did this. The class they portrayed while doing this was awesome.

They did not need to do this to sell the crowd, believe me they did that an hour and 15 minutes prior when they started their PTB NOLA set of music.

Way to go guys, I can never thank you enough!

Thanks a lot Brian. And congrats on the the great work you guys are doing with the prestigious Webster Band Program.

Having worked on a couple of small projects with Mike Spuck, I'll chime in that he and his group are very classy people.

Great job as usual Prime Time

My Alumni corps used to do a Service medley and had people stand or step front if they were already standing if they were currently serving or did in the past.

Having people do it if they know someone is a great idea. :tongue:

Believe me everyone in PTB does that patriotic music because we believe in and love and thank the lord we live in the USA, we also believe that our war veterans are the true american hero's, and it will always be an honor and privilage to play for those who attend our concerts, but for me a US NAVY vet and all the others in PTB that have served our country in my heart I play for those who gave their life in defense of our freedom's.

Believe me everyone in PTB does that patriotic music because we believe in and love and thank the lord we live in the USA, we also believe that our war veterans are the true american hero's, and it will always be an honor and privilage to play for those who attend our concerts, but for me a US NAVY vet and all the others in PTB that have served our country in my heart I play for those who gave their life in defense of our freedom's.

Right on, Johnny