Caption Contest

"Drill instructing - so easy, a caveman could do it."

WIN!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have something to say regarding the long stick?

Before dot books, drill charts, hash marks, etc.,.....we had those long poles called interval sticks.

Some had nails in them at the interval marks so you could feel where you had to be instead of being told by the person holding it behind you.

Is that right Mike???

Before dot books, drill charts, hash marks, etc.,.....we had those long poles called interval sticks.

Some had nails in them at the interval marks so you could feel where you had to be instead of being told by the person holding it behind you.

Is that right Mike???

That is correct. Interval sticks were used to set straight forms, especially echelons that couldn't be easily eyeballed. Of course, once a corps started moving, all bets were off.

Anyone have an idea what year this photo was taken? I think I only see two-valve horns, but I'm not sure. (And I don't feel like cheating by asking my editor.) :thumbup:

Eddy !!!! Your ear ring is stuck in your rotor again !!!!!!! MEDIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCI has a contest on facebook for the best caption to the picture bellow. The prize is tickets to the countdown. While this isn't official, I'd love to see the clever ones this board comes up with.

30603_390707114171_6451869171_3760366_5477154_n.jpg

What are you doing you have a solo!! You are over in that general direction!!