Phantoms looks terrible. I expected more.

not even just the font, but the color scheme and that graphic looks like they just got an image and used the smudge tool in photoshop to create the line. looks cheap.

When I marched, we didn't have posters. It was uphill to the practice field from the equipment truck and again uphill to get back to truck, like that MC Escher print of a staircase. We had to shower in water that had just melted off glaciers and sleep standing up on the buses on the way to the next show. If we had posters, we would have eaten them to provide a contrast from the daily dose of gruel and library paste we were fed.

Regarding the Phantom Regiment poster: That's all it is...a poster, an image to convey something about the show. The poster is memorable in its directness and it creates an indelible image in the mind. One of the prime directives in advertising is to create something that isn't so complex that few will catch everything that is going on. In an age where many think that more is more, it's nice to see something like this that is so easy to grasp and remember.

And I repeat: It's just a poster.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Phantom Regiment poster: That's all it is...a poster, an image to convey something about the show. The poster is memorable in its directness and it creates an indelible image in the mind. One of the prime directives in advertising is to create something that isn't so complex that few will catch everything that is going on. In an age where many think that more is more, it's nice to see something like this that is so easy to grasp and remember.

That's a lame excuse. and to say that's it's just a poster as a cop out is an even lamer excuse. if you're going to put out a product, put out a good product. no one wants to wear clothes styled from 1995 so why would the want to have a poster in the same fashion?

That's a lame excuse. and to say that's it's just a poster as a cop out is an even lamer excuse. if you're going to put out a product, put out a good product. no one wants to wear clothes styled from 1995 so why would the want to have a poster in the same fashion?

I think it's a good product. You have a different opinion. That doesn't take away from the person(s) responsible for creating the poster.

"I refuse to invent a new architecture every Monday morning. It took the Greeks centuries to perfect the Doric column and perfection is the ultimate concern."

— Mies van der Rohe. from Mies van der Rohe. Less is More. p.128.

I think it's a good product. You have a different opinion. That doesn't take away from the person(s) responsible for creating the poster.

"I refuse to invent a new architecture every Monday morning. It took the Greeks centuries to perfect the Doric column and perfection is the ultimate concern."

— Mies van der Rohe. from Mies van der Rohe. Less is More. p.128.

it still sucks - popular consensus

When I marched, we didn't have posters. It was uphill to the practice field from the equipment truck and again uphill to get back to truck, like that MC Escher print of a staircase. We had to shower in water that had just melted off glaciers and sleep standing up on the buses on the way to the next show. If we had posters, we would have eaten them to provide a contrast from the daily dose of gruel and library paste we were fed.

Ah Geez Mike! There you go again...bringing reality into a drum corps forum. :thumbup:

Ah Geez Mike! There you go again...bringing reality into a drum corps forum. :smile:

Reality is the only fantasy I've got. :thumbup:

i'll make one for you then.

You should have told me you worked for the Gallup Organization.